Visit to Long Distance Ex's city

heartstolen

Hi,

I was last on this forum on 2014. I was in a long-distance relationship with my ex, but we broke up in July 2014. Since then I haven't gotten in any relationship as I started suffering from Social anxiety. Still suffering.

Anyways, I wanted to ask you guys something. Ten days after New year 2017, I am going on a tour with my friends, and our first stop & the last stop on the way back will be in the city my ex lives in. Even just the thought of going to her city after 2 years and not seeing her is just killing me inside. I am so anxious thinking about the tour. The song by John Mayer - In your atmosphere fits PERFECTLY in my situation:

"Cause I'd die if I saw you

I'd die if I didn't see you there"

I am so afraid of the flashbacks I am going to experience when I step my foot off the train, onto the platform and into that air. It will bring all those memories back which whenever I feel, the tears just burst out. The best time of my life that was no doubt.

I don't wanna ruin the first tour with my pals. I am 80% over my ex in 2 and a half years, but still if I go to her city, it will be like a nightmare.

Give me some advice people. :sick:

Edited by heartstolen
  • Author
After two years you should see a psychiatrist.

Not normal.

Yeah I know that very well myself. I don't have anything else to do because of my job. Will be seeing a psychiatrist soon, that I am sure of. But most probably after the tour.

Thanks.