Found out ex got married.

mike5770

Woman who is in my life recently went down the aisle with someone else. We last dated 4 years ago she lived a long way from me. It's in my previous post I'm not going to bore you with the details. Anyway I was doing well we would go for long periods of no contact. She got back in touch with me via Facebook when my father passed away last year. We started texting again on and off throughout last year. She was telling me how she was so thankful I was in her life and misses the times we spent together. I of course was hoping after a while to rekindle the relationship. In February of this year she stopped returning my texts. That is fine I went into no contact mode at that point. Our last communication was in February. When football season started we always would talk about our favorite college teams and I texted her wishing her team good luck. She texted me back and asked how I was doing it with exchange small talk. Three days later she announces on Facebook she got married. She was married a month before and never bothered to put it on Facebook nor is there any pictures of her husband on Facebook. I wished her well and I've been in no contact mood ever since. I have not texted her since September 7 and I have no intention of ever texting her again. I don't understand why feel so crappy. I found pictures of her wedding on the Internet and of course I compare myself to Mr. husband. From what it looks like she dated him for about six months and he married her. She was a single mom with three kids struggling so I understand from her point of view. Anyway when I saw the pictures of her with a Another man it really set me into a tailspin. I know I will get over it but I still have feelings for her. I do think it is positive because I can finally have closure and realize the 1% chance of us ever hooking up again just went away.

Edited by mike5770

Sorry you had to find out about it via FB. It would've been nice had she told you herself, but people are strange sometimes.

No kidding that it's going to sting at first.

But, rest assured, you will eventually stop thinking about her.

You might want to consider removing her from your FB as a part of "no contact".

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Aww…I’m sorry. But, like you said, I believe that finding some sort of closure will enable you to move on. Take care!