Ghosted

TooLost2

I'll admit that even being in the dating game at this point after a recent seperation is fast, but after my seperation I really needed to feel good. Perhaps not the right way to deal with it I know, but I had an encounter recently that's left me quite hurt.

Started talking to a guy on a hook up site and he really coaxed me into being more open. We never spoke about anything too personal but we did share photos and talk about a meeting soon. We spoke for about 2 months, and suddenly bam - he's gone. Profile on hook up site gone, IM account seems inactive (actually it looks like I'm blocked as messages go to him but are then never read) however I've genuinely done nothing at all to deserve a blocking. I'm always polite and fun and more often he messages me first. Thing is it actually really hurt me, like badly. I realise it's a hook up site, but two days ago we were arranging to meet and suddenly he's gone from everywhere. And it's always him that says when can we meet etc so it's not like I'm pushing for anything at all. We set dates and now.... gone. His profile was strange lately with photos being put up and taken down and then inactive, active, changed to show him as a couple then back to single. I get that he must have some stuff going on, but I think the fantasy side of me built a relationship with this guy, it really took a lot of guts for me to be brave enough to go on a hook up site and open up with this guy in my messages and he was kind and encouraging. why does it hurt this much to just be completely shut off...

I realise it's a hook up site, but two days ago we were arranging to meet and suddenly he's gone from everywhere.

"Hook up site" is all you needed to say. Honey, please let it go. Unless that's what you want. "Gone from everywhere?" Was this even a real person or proposition? If you are looking for anything deeper ... let someone else on this thread respond. Because, I've got nothing.