For those out there aching...

SeriousAsparagus

SeriousAsparagus

I have learned to pick myself up after relationships that didn't work out. And every time, it's a struggle pushing yourself forward, to move on, to let go, to grow. Sometimes in the middle of it all, we want someone to say something to bring relief to the repetitiveness of recovery, sadness, and aches.

Although I cannot imagine exactly how your breakup/split/separation was, I have found that sometimes beautiful words motivate me and remind me of what's to come. So I wanted to share some beautiful writing by this lady, Rupi Kaur. Her words are so human.

"If you are broken

and they have left you

do not question

whether you were enough

the problem was

you were so enough

they were not able to carry it"

"what's it to me

if you love me or

miss me or need me

when you are doing

nothing to be with me

if you can't allow me to be

the love of your life i will be

the loss of your life instead"

"let it go

let it leave

let it happen

nothing

in this world

was promised or

belonged to you

anyway

all you own is yourself"

And one more thing, someone once told me that, when we look to the future, actually our perspective is not so accurate. He said imagine who, how, and where you were even just two or three years ago. You've changed and situations have changed right? So much so, that if you were you back two years ago, you couldn't possibly imagine yourself now. And that is because when we look to the future, our self is not that different from our present self, because we cannot imagine and predict what we don't know. So hold on to that. Believe that it will get better, and that you will be better because of it. At least we are still alive, and we have a future to look forward to.

Ahhh I'm not trying to be a self-help guru, or know-it-all. I just wanted to put it all out there for those who are doubting, wavering, crying, hurting. A little comfort in some beautiful words. Know your self worth.

• Like 3