2 months and 1/2 of NC

Hello , my topic is a little odd ..

I " broke up " with this girl I was not even in a relationship with ..

Basically we both liked each-other ( she did say she liked me back ) but because she was just out of a relationship and because she had family issues resulting in her not having time for anything ( her not having time sounds a little like an excuse .. but she was indeed really busy ) we were not together , did not even kiss ... anyway we talked for like 4 months daily ..for many hours per day and all this months I was waiting for an answer from her ..

She could not give an answer after all this time so I said lets stick as friends .. and if something is meant to happen it will..

Nonetheless .. nothing happened , I started to get more annoying with my texts she started avoiding me and doing stuff that pissed me off ..

I annoyed her a lot with my texts and for me the last straw was when she let another guy grab her by the wrist and play with her hand .. so the next day ,

I sent her a text saying I like her too much to just be her friend and that I will try to detach myself from her . that I am sorry that I stressed her out with my texts but I really enjoy talking to her ..

She sent me a text back , saying its not my fault but she thinks the fact that I care about her so much its obsessive ((( I need to mention that she always complained about her being sick and not being able to resist psychically anymore cause of her troubles at home and that nobody except me knows this ))) , and she finds it harder and harder to think we can be just friends .. the text was long and was not making a lot of sense

Anyway .. since 2months we have been in no contact .. we are in the same class and we were supposed to see each other at school but its exam period . so we saw eachother only 1 time during an exam and she never said hi when she saw me

Her b-day is coming soon , I kinda miss her and wish we would stay friends , I dont think I want to be together with her anymore but I feel like I lost a great friend .

The guys from class want to buy a cake and give it to her 2 days after her b-day at school , thats when we meet for an exam

Should I call her before and tell her happy birthday ? or should I go then and wish her happy b-day ?

Thanks for your help and insight !!

I am sorry to say this, but it sounds as though you were being used by this girl as a distraction. She liked the attention from you following her breakup, but anything more was giving too much. It seems as though you are still not over this girl and I would maintain the no contact approach.

• Author

why me though ??

There were 2 others guys chasing her from the same class as us ,

so no happy birthday text ? or going to the surprise cake our colleagues are organizing ?