having a bit of a breakdown

ManyDissapoint

ManyDissapoint

I'm having a mental breakdown over a job offer. I have been owning and operating a business outside of the US in Europe for many years. The business is surviving but not making anyone here any money besides a basic living wage. It could get better or it could get worse depending on the direction of the country.

I work with my parents who don't get along together. The psychological warfare happening around me is intense. I am the glue that holds this family together and I just feel wretched about what will happen if I leave.

I am also terrified of leaving because I love the culture of the country I'm living in. I don't know if I can assimilate back into the US way of life. I have made a life for myself here. Friends family. But to be honest I work very hard here too and my social life is a brief flash in the pan every week.

The job that I was offered is about 12x what I'm currently earning. But if I move back I will be all alone, and my life will be my work. I've been there before and it was miserable but I made a lot of money because I didn't know what else to do with myself.

• Author
ManyDissapoint

All I ever wanted was to have a family of my own but after my relationship ended almost 2 years ago I have been only more and more dissapointed with the dating prospects I meet. It seems nigh impossible to achieve happiness anywhere. I feel it's my fate just to be in effed up psychological mess all the time.

Sounds like you're talking yourself out of both scenarios? Maybe try something radically different that really sounds like what you want?

Also the USA isn't so bad current politics aside. You'll love it and the new dating scene may be the zest you need to find that elusive happy. Stay positive or make things more positive. Either way don't settle!