I'm Breaking Down

Nettie85

I was in a situationship for the past year with an amazing guy. He's smart, funny, handsome, romantic, attentive, and caring. We had an amazing time together, and we had some very moments together.

He's also 10 years ion get than me.....which made things complicated. His family didn't understand, and mine didn't either. While he was amazing, I could never look past the fact that i was stealing his youth.

A couple of days ago he left for a 2 year tour overseas and I'm devasted. I've known for a long time he was leaving, and I told myself I was going to prepare for his departure, but the day has come and gone and here I am. I can't sleep. I can't eat. I can't function.

he wanted to remain friends and he promised to visit. Promised we would talk. But it's not the same. I want HIM. I want to be with him.

It's bizarre. He's so much younger than me. I want him to experience life and have fun. Learn things about himself that only the early 20s can teach you.

I know it's best that we aren't together. It's best for him. He needs this time to grow and mature.

I've deleted him off all my social media. And deleted all the messaging apps we used to use. (Was this a bad idea?)

Is this normal? I feel like my heart is breaking, physically. I feel sick. Am I dying? I can't breather. I can't eat. I can't stop crying.

I miss him incredibly. This pain is almost unbearable.

Please, tell me how do I feel better? I wanna feel better. I want to live without seeing him everywhere.

Someone please tell me how I can accept that this love is gone? That he's not my happily ever after? Help me understand that it's LIFE.

Please help me get over this.

Quite simply, you miss him. That is a natural response you are having. It seems like you two were on the same page and he didn't do anything to hurt you which is excellent. I get the feeling you weren't expecting to hurt this much but sometimes you don't know until it happens. You may be mourning the loss of what could have been. I notice you called it a situationship, did you both agree to not make it formal and official?

• Like 2
  • Author

We didn't make it official. He wasn't a boyfriend. He's 1 years younger than me and it started off (honestly) as a booty call. Now here I am , a year later, missing him. I didn't realize how much he affected me. It's seriously, bizarre. We are in good terms. And I do miss him. Terribly. I've never felt like this before. I am 30 and I've had my fare share of relationships. This one is just "different". Am I going crazy?