feeling down about where i am

countingstarsagain

countingstarsagain

Hi everyone,

Was just wondering if anyones in the same boat as me. I'm a 27 year old female, attending a ton of weddings lately. I broke up with my ex (5 year relationship) about a year ago and haven't started dating yet. We wasn't ready to get married and I was. I just feel so lonely and like I'll never find love. Does anyone have any advice for coping? I still don't feel ready to date just because I'm afraid it will make me feel worse to go on awkward first dates. It's painful to see couples who spent much less time together happy and getting married when I wasted all that time on someone who would never be ready. Sigh.

• Like 1

I skipped a few weddings when I was in your shoes. It just hurt too much to see all that love.

Do keep a positive attitude You will eventually find somebody. It just takes time. You will know when you are ready to date again. For now do things for fun to keep yourself busy & happy.

I am sorry you are going through this hard time.

Hope you do not feel you wasted your time, as you probably learned much

about yourself. You know you desire to work toward marriage in a

relationship and that you are faithful and committed.

Give yourself time to grieve and surround yourself with supportive,

positive friends.

Many guys today are in extended adolescence and mature much later than past

generations so marriage is not in their radar.

You are valued whether single or married.

I think il feel this way too, I went to tons of weddings with my ex and stayed in hotels, I'm not sure if how I feel right now I could do that.

I went to an 80s night in a hotel a couple of weeks back and it just brought all the memories back I did not enjoy myself at all and made me want him even more.

I'm only 5 months in next month, I hope I'm stronger soon