My girl and my boss

I met her at work, and for 6 months or more, we only knew each other in passing. Over this time, we had a few interactions, and I felt she was attractive, but am not one to mix personal relations at work unless things progress naturally and obviously; and they did. We began to date based on mutual interest, and I felt as though we were both in the same place in wanting to take things seriously. She was very good in communicating her feelings for me, and I to her, and I felt a connection I had not felt for a long time. She told me personal things about her past that I knew she held sacred. She told me she felt safe to be herself with me. I have always wanted that and to hear it from someone I believed was good natured and genuine was a feeling I could not deny. I fell for her and believed she had fallen for me. Things were very good for over 2 months. Suddenly, on a Friday she told me she loved me, and on Saturday night she could not speak to me in any dearly tone at all; and we hadn't even been together that day. Her communication went colder and more distant over the coming days, and when I asked if we were okay the following Friday she assured me nothing was wrong; that I hadn't done anything wrong; but that she needed time to herself. This is all in text. I tell her to take her time. Minimal communication over the next few weeks; mostly in text, and some warmer than others; lead to a text message break up after I wished her a good morning. The entire time from her surprise wanting time to herself to breaking up, I gave her freedom and patience, and she became mean and cold like there was never anything there to begin with. Within a month, and no attempt at communicating by either of us, a co-worker tells me she is with my boss when I'm not around. Everyone new she and I were together, and this person is telling me in an attempt to help me move on, knowing I was shocked and confused; as though he knew it were coming, and probably did. My boss is a single man, and blatantly chases female co-workers and customers alike. That said, it's not a far reach to imagine he moved in on her once he knew she was with me and dated within the workplace, and for no other reason than to see if he could. Being my boss and knowing I have a life he doesn't, it was a challenge just to notch his belt. So I'm sitting here, blown away at the situation I find myself in, and can't seem to just let it go. Maybe these 2 people have found their "happily ever after" relationship they would have never noticed without me. Maybe these are just 2 sick, small minded people with no ability to find real happiness and only feed off drama. All I know, is now I have a boss who possibly has a fear of my presence, and an ex-girlfriend, who after telling me she wishes we had met years ago so she wouldn't have wasted so many years with the wrong guy treats me like I don't exist. It feels horrible, and I just want it to stop.

Edited by 102696

You need to get a new job.

She doesn't sound all that stable. She tells you she loves you on Friday via text message, then stops talking to you on Saturday. That's just bonkers. Let her go.

You clearly don't respect your boss. The whole situation would make me not want to go work. You need to get out of there

• Author

Ya she has a few screws loose for sure...but mostly the Friday Saturday thing is when I think he got in her head and started planning and acting on her exit which took a few weeks.

I hear ya about the job. He is my department boss but there are bigger powers in it that he has to be careful of. I really dont want either of them to think im shaken...I just want to be kept out of it and left alone. For sure i have no interest in her. Relationships that start like this dont usually last, so they would have to live with the crap heap they created if that happens and I can just know it

Edited by 102696