Should I feel betrayed by this??

Mississippisfinest82

Mississippisfinest82

So I got a text message today from my best friend (who was also the best man at my wedding) telling me that he is in love with my ex wife. My ex left me about two years ago. I was not abusive, didn't drink, do drugs, hit her, etc. She moved back to our home town about an hour away and has moved in with and is apparently "in love" with my best friend. He told me in his text that this didn't cause my divorce. We don't live in the same town and I haven't seen her in a year or him since February. Strangely enough I am not breaking down about the whole thing. Haven't cried or gotten really angry, but at the same time this feels like a betrayal.

I didn't respond to his message. I just deleted him from my contacts and left him with silence. I guess I am wondering what any one else thinks about the situation.

So I got a text message today from my best friend (who was also the best man at my wedding) telling me that he is in love with my ex wife. My ex left me about two years ago. I was not abusive, didn't drink, do drugs, hit her, etc. She moved back to our home town about an hour away and has moved in with and is apparently "in love" with my best friend. He told me in his text that this didn't cause my divorce. We don't live in the same town and I haven't seen her in a year or him since February. Strangely enough I am not breaking down about the whole thing. Haven't cried or gotten really angry, but at the same time this feels like a betrayal.

I didn't respond to his message. I just deleted him from my contacts and left him with silence. I guess I am wondering what any one else thinks about the situation.

I think no response is appropriate. Of all the people on this planet - he picks her to date.

Yes, he betrayed you as a friend. He's no friend.

Kind of a dick move on his part.

Let him have her.

• Like 1
TheSwanGirl

Look, they deserve each other. It's a betrayal, go full NC. Earse them from your life. You deserve better :)

• Author
Mississippisfinest82
I think no response is appropriate. Of all the people on this planet - he picks her to date.

Yes, he betrayed you as a friend. He's no friend.

Kind of a dick move on his part.

Let him have her.

Thanks I feel the same way.