The one that got away

Joshh93

So me and my girlfriend of 7 months broke up a little over a month ago its been a bumpy month but i cant shake the feeling that i messed up my one chance at love and that she was my soulmate and how am i supposed to find someone else with so many amazing qualities she was the embodiment of my ideal girl. Idont know what to do to shake this feeling ive gone NC since the day we broke up and i know theres a 0% chance well ever get back together or even talk again. I just feel like even if i try and date ill never find someone i love as much.

• Like 1

1. There is no such thing as a soul mate.

2. You will love again

You'll need to cry your tears and do your grieving , but you will be OK.

Take care.

• Like 5
TaraMaiden2
1. There is no such thing as a soul mate.

2. You will love again

You'll need to cry your tears and do your grieving , but you will be OK.

Take care.

Ditto, ditto, ditto and ditto.

• Like 2
NolaLeForte

There are so many amazing people out there in the world and she was just one of them. You’re still reeling from the breakup, you aren’t going to feel like you can love anyone else because you aren’t ready for it. When the time is right and your heart is ready to meet someone you will. She may have been good for you at the time, but that doesn’t mean she’ll be perfect for you forever. Just keep focusing on getting your life together and in time, it will fall into place.

• Like 2
  • Author

Thank you for the replies there very helpful. Im feeling more positive about things as over all everyday. But i still cant shake that feeling of i messed up my one chance i guess time will help that i just wish i could fast forward through it.

• Like 1

man, I thought I was going to get married this year or early next year. I know the pain. I went through hell myself. I know how you feel. many of us do.

• Like 2
Thank you for the replies there very helpful. Im feeling more positive about things as over all everyday. *But i still cant shake that feeling of i messed up my one chance i guess time will help that i just wish i could fast forward through it.

With 7.2 billion people on the planet, I'm confident that there are more than enough wonderful women out there for you :D

• Like 2
  • Author
man, I thought I was going to get married this year or early next year. I know the pain. I went through hell myself. I know how you feel. many of us do.

Im sorry about that thats rough im glad to hear your doing better now. What did you do to get over it and move on?

• Like 1
  • Author
With 7.2 billion people on the planet, I'm confident that there are more than enough wonderful women out there for you :D

Thats true im just awful at meeting girls.

• Like 1
Im sorry about that thats rough im glad to hear your doing better now. What did you do to get over it and move on?

I am much better than I used to be. I still have my moments. I started working out again, I am changing my clothes, getting a new job, stuff like that. Anything that will improve me is what I am doing. The gym is helping big time. It was there before my ex came along and it's there for me now when I need it. It's really a life saver fir me.

I did grieve, cry, all that stuff. But I had to come to terms it was over and I put my foot down and said enough is enough. I am moving forward and I putting myself in positive situations. It's a tough battle but how she treated me, I know am better off without that monster.

• Like 1

If she broke up with you, then you didn't mess anything up and it's meant to be this way. The best thing to do is to accept the situation for what it is and realize that you can only control so much. If someone wants to walk away from you, let that person. Generally, when someone leaves, it paves the way for someone better...something better. Nothing happens by chance imo. That's not to say it doesn't suck. It's just that you gotta dust yourself off and realize it is what it is.

• Author
I am much better than I used to be. I still have my moments. I started working out again, I am changing my clothes, getting a new job, stuff like that. Anything that will improve me is what I am doing. The gym is helping big time. It was there before my ex came along and it's there for me now when I need it. It's really a life saver fir me.

I did grieve, cry, all that stuff. But I had to come to terms it was over and I put my foot down and said enough is enough. I am moving forward and I putting myself in positive situations. It's a tough battle but how she treated me, I know am better off without that monster.

Thats pretty much what im doing too. The gym is a huge help. I havent done much grieving ive pretty much just bottled it up but yesterday i came to realisation that i no longer miss her or want her that its the companionship that i miss and want back.

• Author
If she broke up with you, then you didn't mess anything up and it's meant to be this way. The best thing to do is to accept the situation for what it is and realize that you can only control so much. If someone wants to walk away from you, let that person. Generally, when someone leaves, it paves the way for someone better...something better. Nothing happens by chance imo. That's not to say it doesn't suck. It's just that you gotta dust yourself off and realize it is what it is.

I still feel like i messed it up but your right it is what it is and im becoming more content with that. I hope it does lead me to something better.

I agree that eventually the pain will wane but you will probably always

remember her. I still remember my first love long long ago. Try to

look at it logically,,,what went wrong and what you can do next time. Yes,

you never know how this girl will turn out perhaps not to your liking.

It doesn't matter how many women are out there in the world because

any individual is limited to the small number that he will meet or get to

know within one's locality and maybe through cyberspace. so the odds depend on luck and happenstance and you.

• 1 month later...
  • Author

I was on facebook looking through old posts and found one of my exs she had me blocked but this time i clicked on her profile and i could see it and what i saw brought back a lot of pain i was doing so well and now i feel like i have to start over only theres a twist a horrible twist i hate myself right now all i can do is cry

whichwayisup

Painful lesson learned eh? Don't lurk her facebook page. NO good can come of it.

Block her so you won't look again.

Sorry you're hurting, cry it out and tomorrow push yourself hard to feel better. Spend time with some good friends who can make you laugh and forget your recent heartache.

• Like 4

Think about how **** you feel right now? Do you want to feel like this again?

I'm guessing the answers no! Blocking is the only way forward! I really do think ignorance is bliss when it comes to exes. Also what is on facebook is not a reflection of real life.... it only shows what people want you to see! You can do this :)

• Like 4
  • Author

Thank you for the replies it means a lot. Yeah it was a painful lesson but i should have known better. I blocked her right after just to make sure like you both said. I know ignorance is bliss i should have kept it that way but i will from now on. I know its not real life and thats what i keep telling myself to feel better that its just a mask shes wearing and wanted me to see since she unblocked me. I know time is the answer but i wish there was another way or a fast foward button.

• Like 1
BelleSkye

You sound like such a catch of a guy - you are going to make some girl very happy one-day - this whole experience is teaching you so much for your next big love - you will have so much to offer. Be strong, hang in there. We are rooting for you.

Edited by BelleSkye
English grammar
  • Like 1
  • Author
You sound like such a catch of a guy - you are going to make some girl very happy one-day - this whole experience is teaching you so much that for your next big love - you will have so much to offer. Be strong, hang in there. We are rooting for you.

Thank you for those very kind and uplifting words i really needed that. Im stsrting to feel more like myself again im more hopeful for whats instore for me.

• Like 1
BelleSkye

The fact that you come onto Loveshack to work out or address a personal problem instead of resorting to drugs, alcohol or mindless rebound sex at your age (assuming its 23, hope I am right :) ) says a lot about your presence-of-mind with self-awareness. Believe me, 10 years from now - some girl is going to be really appreciative with your intellect and the way you handle / approach difficult situations.

Glad you are starting to feel hopeful again - you deserve that right or that privilege.

• Like 1
bluefeather
I know time is the answer but i wish there was another way or a fast foward button.

You and me and everyone else, buddy. :/ sorry you went through that. been there too...

• Like 2
  • Author
The fact that you come onto Loveshack to work out or address a personal problem instead of resorting to drugs, alcohol or mindless rebound sex at your age (assuming its 23, hope I am right :) ) says a lot about your presence-of-mind with self-awareness. Believe me, 10 years from now - some girl is going to be really appreciative with your intellect and the way you handle / approach difficult situations.

Glad you are starting to feel hopeful again - you deserve that right or that privilege.

Close im 22. I think loveshack and talking to people about it would be way more helpful any of that stuff. So thats what i do i come on here and mainly read and feel like im not alone. I really hope so.

Again thank you so much for your amazing words and support it means so much.