Having a rough day

nauticalpoem

I dated a guy for about 2.5 months. I feel like it could have been perfect, but I am at a terrible place in life right now (finished undergrad last year and haven't found a job so I am living in the middle of nowhere with my parents). When he broke it off with me I actually felt a little relieved because seeing someone just felt so stressful right now. I am not sure if it could workout in the future, but I plan on reaching out again eventually.

For now I am excited to get my life in order. That's the only think I am interested in.

For some reason I am really missing him today. I am not sure why some days are worse than others.

I keep thinking of my summer plans and realizing he won't be part of it is disappointing. The thought of him finding someone else scares the crap out of me. I know I have to be okay with it... But I still hope it doesn't happen.

Thanks for letting me rant.

As rants go, that was a very gentle one.

Be mindful, and allow your thoughts and feelings to come and go naturally, like any other thoughts.

We grieve for what we lost, and for what we wanted, but didn't get.

Nature is the best helper. Just as we have natural healing mechanisms for cuts and scrapes, we also have innate healing mechanisms for emotional hurts.

Time is a factor.

You'll be OK.

Take care.

• Like 4
I dated a guy for about 2.5 months. I feel like it could have been perfect, but I am at a terrible place in life right now (finished undergrad last year and haven't found a job so I am living in the middle of nowhere with my parents). When he broke it off with me I actually felt a little relieved because seeing someone just felt so stressful right now. I am not sure if it could workout in the future, but I plan on reaching out again eventually.

For now I am excited to get my life in order. That's the only think I am interested in.

For some reason I am really missing him today. I am not sure why some days are worse than others.

I keep thinking of my summer plans and realizing he won't be part of it is disappointing. The thought of him finding someone else scares the crap out of me. I know I have to be okay with it... But I still hope it doesn't happen.

Thanks for letting me rant.

It could be PMS. I'm not kidding.

• Like 1
  • Author
It could be PMS. I'm not kidding.

Whoa. You're right. I checked my planner and I should have taken out my birth control (NuvaRing) on Monday, but forgot. Thanks alot.

The last time we talked was a meet up at a bar to "talk" about things. I put on my best show to impress him and it somewhat worked. He said he was unsure about his decision and we decided to think about things. Neither of us ended up reaching out again. I came to the conclusion it just wasn't the right time and he obviously decided his initial feelings were right.

I accidentally had a drink too many during our meet up. I didn't say anything weird or get overly emotional. But I did babble on and probably didn't make alot of sense for the last 15 min. (We met up for about two hours). I have been BEATING MYSELF UP over this for the past few days.

I regretted it in the "ah I should have stopped drinking a few minutes earlier" sense, but never put more thought into it until now. But three weeks later I am freaking out about it.

Edited by nauticalpoem
Typo
Whoa. You're right. I checked my planner and I should have taken out my birth control (NuvaRing) on Monday, but forgot. Thanks alot.

The last time we talked was a meet up at a bar to "talk" about things. I put on my best show to impress him and it somewhat worked. He said he was unsure about his decision and we decided to think about things. Neither of us ended up reaching out again. I came to the conclusion it just wasn't the right time and he obviously decided his initial feelings were right.

I accidentally had a drink too many during our meet up. I didn't say anything weird or get overly emotional. But I did babble on and probably didn't make alot of sense for the last 15 min. (We met up for about two hours). I have been BEATING MYSELF UP over this for the past few days.

I regretted it in the "ah I should have stopped drinking a few minutes earlier" sense, but never put more thought into it until now. But three weeks later I am freaking out about it.

You know what? This is normal. You met a guy you liked and now you're blaming yourself for not being "enough." I did it a million times and my friends did it a million times. Trust me, you'll go out with a guy who you won't like and dump him quick. He'll sit around wondering what he did wrong. You'll hope he never calls you again.

Relationships are difficult. One day you'll be married like me and your husband will say and do things that will piss you off and you'll think "Hmmm...I wonder if I should have stayed single and spent my life traveling and having fun."

LOL.

• Like 1

I'm having a rough day too. My ex left and married some guy, along a timespan of months that to me seemed out of the blue.

In truth, they're all rough days. It's a question of degree. Most days don't "flare up," but some do. I compare it to a broken foot. It heals, but that sucker ain't never gonna feel completely right again.