when will the pain stop???

Foolish

Ok, my boyfriend, of two years, and I have been broken up for a week now.

We have still been talking to eachother alot, but last night I initiated no contact and told him that it was too painful. He was fine when I told him that I would call him when I'm ready because he cares about me alot and does want me as a friend in his life.

The pain is almost unbearable. How long does it take before I can start functioning properly? When does the pain subside? I can't stop crying, I can't eat or sleep... All I do all day is think about him and our relationship.

When does this stop??

LucreziaBorgia

You'll need to find a way to channel that pain and get a handle on it. Have you thought about picking up a journal and writing in it every day? Posting here helps too - pretty much anyone you can talk to or find a way to get that pain out instead of keeping it in helps.

Right now, you can't be his friend. You may never be able to be, and you should tell him such.

No Contact is the best thing you can do for yourself right now. be strong. hang in there.

Originally posted by Israfil

Right now, you can't be his friend. You may never be able to be, and you should tell him such.

No Contact is the best thing you can do for yourself right now. be strong. hang in there.

Yes i totally agree to it...This is the best thing to do now..start NC....

It would be painful in the start or you might think that it is impossible to live without talking or contact...but give time and you would slowly start to live with it..

The greatest strength of us Human beings is that we can acclimiatize to any situation in our life..send someone to live in North Pole and you would find after some time that the person is living there peacefully and has totally adjusted to it..

So all of us can survive in any situation only thing needed is the courage, will power and determination to do it...

Recurring pain is always worse than one time pain..there is only one way for one time pain.it will go on decreasing but this cant be said for recurring pain....so NC is the best option...

(All that i have written above is my personal experience so trust these words.......)

Good Luck..

Cheers...