Somebody talk me down!!!!

Hls923

I am wanting soooo badly to contact my ex today. I blocked him a couple weeks back telling him to only reach me in another way to discuss getting back together. He got ahold of me Saturday and we talked for a while. He asked if I thought we could make it work. At the end of the conversation he was still unsure (he has interest in someone he met in Dec). I told him I would not be second choice or a consolation prize. If he wants to be with me it has to be because he truly wants US, not because things didn't work with the other chick (she had a boyfriend still!!!).....

He has also been ill for the last few weeks. The day we spoke, he was on his way home from the walk-in clinic, and they wouldn't see him because his insurance is messed up right now.

I want to ask how he's feeling, but I know it's just an excuse to reach out. I think the fact that Valentine's Day is coming up doesn't help me, and the fact that I dreamed of our wedding the other night doesn't help me, either......

I also know that his silence over the relationship aspect speaks volumes, but I am wanting soooooo badly to contact him.........HELP!!!!!!

I have been on these forums many times, and I know what I SHOULD be doing, saying, feeling, but none of it is sinking in today--------

:confused::confused::mad::mad:

Edited by Hls923

I'm sure your going to talk to him again becouse your still in that fairytale where all your beautiful dreams might come true. One day they might but it may not be with him. You need to erase him out of your mind,change your number and tell him that when he is truly ready he can find you. And believe me when I tell you anybody can be found. Heartache will be the price you will have to pay today if one day your fairytale is to come true. Good luck.

• Like 1
Scarlett.O'hara

He wants someone else!! Why would you waste your time on a guy like that?

He doesn't value you, he is just stringing you along as a "backup" like you said. That is so insulting, don't you think you deserve better than that?

For your own good, block him and go no contact.

• Like 3
Scarlett.O'hara

You have support here.

I know that you understand these things, I just find that focusing on the negative aspects of the situation during weak can be useful. It can help change your thinking pattern from missing the person to focusing on why they are no good for you.

We all have different ways of getting through the weak moments. Some people try distraction techniques to stop thinking about their ex, making themselves extremely busy, or even more extreme methods like the rubber band, which involves putting a rubber band around your wrist and snapping it every time thoughts of their ex enters your mind. The theory is that your brain will begin to associate physical pain every time you think about them so it will try to avoid those thoughts all together.

I guess the key is figuring out what method will help you get through it.

• Like 3
Scarlett.O'hara
Thank you Scarlett. I am almost at bedtime, and I'm holding strong!!! Now to wish the dreams away!! Tomorrow will hopefully be better! :(

Just take one day at a time. Some days will be easier than others, but you will get through it.

• Like 1
I am wanting soooo badly to contact my ex today. I blocked him a couple weeks back telling him to only reach me in another way to discuss getting back together. He got ahold of me Saturday and we talked for a while. He asked if I thought we could make it work. At the end of the conversation he was still unsure (he has interest in someone he met in Dec). I told him I would not be second choice or a consolation prize. If he wants to be with me it has to be because he truly wants US, not because things didn't work with the other chick (she had a boyfriend still!!!).....

He has also been ill for the last few weeks. The day we spoke, he was on his way home from the walk-in clinic, and they wouldn't see him because his insurance is messed up right now.

I want to ask how he's feeling, but I know it's just an excuse to reach out. I think the fact that Valentine's Day is coming up doesn't help me, and the fact that I dreamed of our wedding the other night doesn't help me, either......

I also know that his silence over the relationship aspect speaks volumes, but I am wanting soooooo badly to contact him.........HELP!!!!!!

I have been on these forums many times, and I know what I SHOULD be doing, saying, feeling, but none of it is sinking in today--------

:confused::confused::mad::mad:

Why did you guys break up?

Summer, we broke up because he met her and felt an interest.

OK. One more question. I see you write that you've been together two years. How old are both of you?

I am 43, he is 50......way too old to be playing these stupid games........:mad:

OK. I did think from the situation that you were both in your 20's but it doesn't matter since love stuff makes everyone emotionally immature.

That being said, I'm a female in my 40's so I can say this to you:

You are too old to deal with this sh*t. Really. Believe it or not 40 is middle aged. It took me a bit of time to get around the fact that I wasn't a hot 20 something with tons of time to act stupid. At this point in your life you need to see yourself as a woman and not a girl. (I'm just doing that now.) You are a woman with standards. Your standards are high. You do not waste your time on men who cannot make you number one and feel lucky that you have decided to spend time with them. You WILL find someone who wants you badly. This guy doesn't . This guy is wasting your time and your time is precious.

• Like 1