Comparing everyone to my ex, makes me feel worse!

Isabella82

As I am in my apartment my two roommates are both with their boyfriends, and even though it makes me feel lonely, their relationships aren't good at all. I am just comparing them to my ex and it makes me feel so sad.

One of my roommates just cooked her boyfriend a huge breakfast, he was so rude about it. Saying to her "if you knew it would of taken you two hours to cook it you should have woken up at 6" and saying, "her food is alright"

My ex would have said thanks Boo, it is so good.

Then my other roommate her b/f just is visiting for a week, after not seeing eachother for a few months, and he leaves to go to work and doesn't even say goodbye to her!

I mean does anyone else see the problem with this, or am I just too picky?? My ex would always cook for me, or we would cook together, we always said goodbye with hugs and kisses and I love yous if one of us were leaving.

I am just starting to think that their aren't many guys out there like this. I know this all seems kind of pointless but little things like this really bother me. I am so used to being treated with respect.

Originally posted by Isabella82

I am just starting to think that their aren't many guys out there like this. I know this all seems kind of pointless but little things like this really bother me. I am so used to being treated with respect.

There ARE many guys like this out there ISABELLA82, unfortuantely most women are not interested in them. They are called "nice guys", also know as wimpus americanus

alphamale is absolutely correct Isabella82!

Just gotta find them just as we've gotta find the appreciative women!

Start the search and I'm sure you'll find one soon!

yeah there are many nice guys out there but because they dont act like cocky God's gift to women douchebags I guess females aren't initially drawn to them. Naturally if a woman ends up talking to the guy and getting to know the guy she'll like them. The same holds true for nice women...most guys usually arent drawn to them but if they talk to them and see they have a good personality they then want them.

As for the breakfast, that was pretty pathetic of him to criticze her like that and any guy with class wouldn't say crap like that and would be appreciative of her effort even if the food sucked. I gotta say though...htf did it take her 2 hours to make breakfast? Was it all from scratch and what did she make?

• Author

Wierd your so funny,

My roommate made eggs, bacon, sausage, homemade hashbrowns, bisquits, homemade gravy, and pancakes......and it probably took her 1 to 1 and a half hours....she is a good cook actually.

I just wouldn't put up with something like that, thats one thing I really like about my self, is that if something bothers me with a b/f I let them know. I guess its true when they say you teach people how to treat you. Thanks for the replies.

Isabella,

Your eyes are now wide open..because of your break-up you see things in a different light now!! I do that now with a friend in a bad marriage...she tells me things and I'm like the crap that she's putting up with is things that she tells me I should have never accepted from my ex...

But you can't say anything because your roommates or in my case friend will think we're acting that way because we're feeling sorry for ourselves because of our recent break-ups!

Originally posted by Isabella82

Wierd your so funny,

My roommate made eggs, bacon, sausage, homemade hashbrowns, bisquits, homemade gravy, and pancakes......and it probably took her 1 to 1 and a half hours....she is a good cook actually.

I just wouldn't put up with something like that, thats one thing I really like about my self, is that if something bothers me with a b/f I let them know. I guess its true when they say you teach people how to treat you. Thanks for the replies.

Dump the eggs and gravy and tell her I'll come over for breakfast and I promise I won't tell her the food sucks.:)

Yeah, I wouldn't put up with something like that and I don't think any person should. It is one thing to not like the food soemone makes you...but you should always appreciate the the thought & effort they put in to make the food. That is me...I am all about the thought & effort when it comes to people.

Oh and good to ehar you are open when with a dude...lack of communication and keeping crap in can kill any relationship.