LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Coping

No Contact Support Thread [Post here instead of contacting your ex]

Coping Learning to deal with one's emotions and loss.

Like Tree662Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th March 2019, 4:23 AM   #1396
Established Member

I'm almost at 6 weeks NC, and my how things are changing fast. I no longer think it could be you when I get a message, nor am I terribly disappointed much anymore when I see it isn't. I don't wonder if you'll pop by much anymore. I'm not even sure now that I would get back with you if you wanted to. This is such a surprise because I've wanted things to go back for so long up until recently. When you first dumped me like a bag of trash, I was still thinking you were a catch. But now I'm realizing you were equally, if not more, responsible for the problems. I'm more clearly seeing your character flaws and issues. I'm understanding how you knew you weren't going to stick around, but you let me think you were committed to buy yourself time to emotionally get a jump start on the breakup. You set me up. Who does that? What has helped me is this forum and thread, crying when I need to get my emotions out, having a person or two I can talk to about it from time to time, making improvements to my life, getting rid of reminders about you such as old texts and pictures, the fact that you aren't on social media so I can't keep up with what you're doing, etc. I also remind myself of key indicators that our relationship sucked. You're becoming just another person instead of this guy worthy of a pedestal.
GeorgiaPeach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 4:12 AM   #1397
Established Member

Hi D_ _ _ _

----

Last edited by MeadowFlower; 17th March 2019 at 4:43 AM..
MeadowFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 4:40 PM   #1398
Established Member

I thought I was doing so much better, but I feel worse than before. Not only did you leave in a cold-blooded way, not only are you gone for good, but now I'm feeling like I'll never meet anyone else I can have a relationship with. If I were so awesome and attractive and successful, you wouldn't have ditched me. I have nowhere to go for me emotional, physical and sexual needs. You didn't even want my friendship or to be fwb. I feel completely undesirable and pathetic. I have no one to spend my vacation with anymore. All of the good things you were looking forward to in your life I've been completely shut out of. It's like there was never an us and you have it as if we never even met. Maybe you left me for good reason. I wouldn't stay with me, either. I'm beyond feeling depressed. I feel hopeless.
Old 17th March 2019, 5:13 PM   #1399
Established Member

@GeorgiaPeach, don't stay in this frame of mind for another moment. Shake yourself. Don't let the opinion of one measly guy get to you. It's just the opinion of a person. Get your mojo back without him and with or without any other person.
Old 17th March 2019, 7:42 PM   #1400

Need support

#196916 REPLY
He broke up with meÖnow what?
Im 29 and he is 29. My boyfriend of almost 2 months broke up with me yesterday and he said that he felt like we didnít have a mental connection. He said we can stay friends and I can call him but if not then thatís fine. Iím in a lot of pain right now I cried last night and this morning. I asked him so whatís really going on last night but he didnít respond in text. I will be surprised if he calls me ever again. Iím so confused. What does he mean he doesnít have a mental connection? He feels like he is not mentally attracted to me.. How do I get through this pain??? Iím told to wait until he contacts me. I only sent him one text after we broke up and he hasnít replied.
Greatlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 10:00 PM   #1401
Established Member

@Greatlove, It's hard and it sucks. There are people on here who have been through what you are experiencing now.
Things will get better in time. Don't contact him after you've had that final "closure" talk. Oh, and don't have part in that "we can be friends" thing.
Look after yourself and share with close friends you trust, if you feel you need to.
:-)
Old 29th March 2019, 10:55 PM   #1402
Established Member

Well I'm at 8 weeks NC. It seems like for every relatively good day (one step forward), I take two steps back emotionally. I've been reading a lot about breakups and I can't believe I didn't see the signs. I thought if I accepted your flaws and worked through issues with you, that you'd do the same for me. I think that's what bugs me so much--i had ample reason to drop you but I didn't and then you reward my loyalty by dropping me over something fixable. You wouldn't even give me a chance to make corrections. Where do you get off being so strict and harsh? You claimed there was no one else, but I don't believe that. I believe you went back to an ex or had your eye on someone new. No one cuts off intimacy, acceptance, fun times, etc unless there's a backup waiting in the wings.
Old 31st March 2019, 5:25 AM   #1403
Established Member

I give you zero credit.
Old 31st March 2019, 8:54 AM   #1404
Established Member

I talked her online, last time on November 2018 and she was admittedly combative towards me. It really seemed like she hates that I talk to her and even hates simple questions even those like "how are you". I never cheated or said anything wrong to her. She just felt I am depending on her for my happiness.

I was just thinking of messaging her today but I won't because my presence surely offends her.
Reels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2019, 3:27 AM   #1405

day 90 of no contact

I blocked you after I found out you had cheated on me. I blocked your number and all your social media profiles. I unfollowed you on everything I couldn't block you on. My sister ran into you the day after and you asked how I was doing. Can you believe it? You asked how I'm doing! You didn't even care when we were together. That question felt like a slap in the face. I wonder if you tried to text me after only to realize you were blocked. That would bring a smile to my face. Enjoy cheating on the next person who is unlucky enough to think you're worth their time. Now that you're gone, I have a ton of new friends, awesome grades, and a plan for the future. I saw you at the mall the other day. I could have approached you. I could have tried to make amends. I didn't want to. Why would I apologize to someone who cheated and emotionally manipulated me? Why would I want that in my life again?

The other night I had a dream that you were at my house and I was begging you to spend the night. You said no because you had to go see your other girlfriend. I have never felt more physical aversion towards a dream. But now that you're blocked, you'll never get to reconcile. You'll never get to win back the smart, funny and cute person you went after. You don't deserve it.

So long, Nicolas. I hope I never see your pathetic ass again!
paisleypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2019, 5:47 AM   #1406
Established Member

Why havenít you called me? I miss you so bad.
NomiMalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2019, 7:09 AM   #1407
Established Member

Do you remember... how once upon a time we knew so many details about each otherís lives? Now I have no idea what your days are like. I havenít for weeks. Today I looked you up online and realised what a stranger youíve quickly become to me. And how it hurt me so much. Although my days are full, my life without you in it, feels completely empty. The only thing that keeps me going, is the hope that one day youíll come back for me. Please come back for me.
NomiMalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2019, 9:16 PM   #1408
Established Member

I woke up in the wee hours last night and cried. Not the first time, might not be the last. I'm at the Disappointed stage. I'm disappointed you're not who I thought you were and who you portrayed yourself to be. I'm disappointed you're a gossip, which is a trait that's even uglier in a man. I'm disappointed that you didn't tell your people the whole truth and you threw me under the bus. I'm disappointed you showed me your true colors fairly early on, but that I gave you a second chance--only for you to do me even worse. I'm disappointed that I have emotional and sexual needs I can't get fulfilled because you burned the bridge and I'm not emotionally ready for a new partner. I'm disappointed that we live in a throwaway culture now where there's always a new babe with open legs right around the corner, so there's little need to try to fix problems. I'm disappointed that I trusted you. I should have used you like you told me other women have. At least then I would have something to show for my trouble. I'm disappointed I'm stuck with emotional trauma, while you get to start your whole routine over with yet another unsuspecting person. I'm disappointed I put up with crap I shouldn't have. Most of all, I'm disappointed that I didn't protect my own self interest. Lesson learned!
Old 7th April 2019, 8:45 PM   #1409
Established Member

Missing you a lot and deeply hurting. I know I'm not going to find another relationship.
Old 8th April 2019, 4:56 AM   #1410
Established Member

Just go away