Thinking back (venting/coping)

Calidude6

Calidude6

I get those moments where I look back and think of my relationship. To find the areas I didn't do my best to improve myself. When I'm thinking back on me and my ex relationship, my mistakes damaged my relationship and it's killing me to know I'm the reason for the relationship to fail but I take full responsibility. I didn't open up as much, I didn't make her feel more wanted, I didn't really listen when we had our talks and how she wanted change, I didn't show more affection and show her more love and how much she means to me. I simply got too comfortable and thought too much of our future than our present. I took her for granted and that's been eating me every day. Honestly, she really loved me and told me she was obsessed with me and it's my fault that I made her fall out love with me and lose interest. That hurts as I lost so much more than a love one.

I think I also do this to myself so it can sink into my brain and heart to make sure I never do these mistakes again with anyone because I don't want to keep starting over with new people. So hopefully my next, is my last.

It's probably not healthy to put all this blame on me huh? Though I feel like at least 90% blame goes to me. I screwed up but I'm bettering myself and improving to be a better person and man to who ever I come across.

Maverick27

Dude - i am experiencing the exact same thing right now. I never showed her how much i loved her and she left into the arms of another man.

It's been 2.5 months since break up and i honestly spend 8 hours a day obsessing over what i did wrong and how i should have made her feel more desired.

i dont really have any advice, as i too would like to know how to get over this.

I'm still pining for her. It makes me sick that some other dude is making her feel desired, even though she deserves to be loved

Maverick27

Yeah and like you said, it's a lesson to never take anything for granted again. This is for me, as im sure it is for you, the hardest lesson you have ever learnt.

• Author
Calidude6
Dude - i am experiencing the exact same thing right now. I never showed her how much i loved her and she left into the arms of another man.

It's been 2.5 months since break up and i honestly spend 8 hours a day obsessing over what i did wrong and how i should have made her feel more desired.

i dont really have any advice, as i too would like to know how to get over this.

I'm still pining for her. It makes me sick that some other dude is making her feel desired, even though she deserves to be loved

First thing first, try not to spend too much time dwelling over the mistakes that have been done. I make sure I let it eat me for a moment of time till I take over my mind and force myself to do something. I let it eat me so it can sink into my brain to never repeat mistakes.

My ex deserves the world, the happiness and the love. As much as I wish it was me giving it to her, I'll be happy to know that she is happy. I set her free and if she comes back, I'll never let her go again.

I also come to realize that the mistakes we make are supposed to happen so when the right one you find a future with and it totally could be your ex, we make sure we do much more than what we did before without making the same mistakes.

Its been about 3 months for me since we broke up and I can say it does get better over time. Talk to other girls, go on some dates and ease your mind but when you need to let it out, let it out.

• Author
Calidude6
Yeah and like you said, it's a lesson to never take anything for granted again. This is for me, as im sure it is for you, the hardest lesson you have ever learnt.

This is the most painful lesson I have encountered. Funny thing is my gf before my ex, she took me for granted and always tried to come back to me. I should of known myself and I didn't. I took my ex for granted, the one I wanted to marry and have kids with but that is okay. If we are meant to be than we will be but if not, I'll take this pain and make it into strength somehow and find the happiness I deserve. You will find your happiness as well and its out there.