What I don't get...

Calidude6

Calidude6

2.5 years is a good amount of time with someone and she become so much more to me than a lover. She was my true best friends and days like today, I just want to talk to her just to talk.

It's been almost 3 months and I can honestly say I'm getting better but I sometimes have days like today where I miss her company and just want to have a conservation with her. I took our relationship for granted and that hurts me the most.

Single life is boring, I'm over that stage.

I just want to talk to her......about anything.

darkbloom

you just want to talk to her because you will get your high. when she goes away you will just want more. it comes and goes.

• Author
Calidude6
you just want to talk to her because you will get your high. when she goes away you will just want more. it comes and goes.

I'm missing her and I want that feeling but like you said, it comes and go. I don't talk to her, only if she contacted me first

darkbloom
I'm missing her and I want that feeling but like you said, it comes and go. I don't talk to her, only if she contacted me first

exactly. you want to talk to her. but if you do, and she goes away again, you will feel a million times worse than you do now.

• Author
Calidude6
exactly. you want to talk to her. but if you do, and she goes away again, you will feel a million times worse than you do now.

Yeah I probably would feel worse. There's nothing I can do anymore but just feel it and wait for time to heal it. 3 months in, hope in 3 more months it will be better.

Loveless86

Its painful, ive never experienced anything worse than this. Id love to speak to my ex and let her know how im feeling she used to be my rock who i could tell anything to...

But shes moved on now so its time for me to do the same ii must go no contact and i think you should do the same otherwise you torture yourself

It will certainly make you feel worse, especially if you reach out like I did after 2 months only to know they really have not contacted you as they are happy with a new flame.

It will put you back to day one, even if you do not get a response, soldier on and stay no contact you will feel so so much in the long run, do not go back to day one

• Author
Calidude6

I want to break the NC but I know I can't. I'm sure it's going to make the pain worse. I just want to hear from her and I fight it every day not to talk to her. Wish she would contact me. Idk why she has been so strong about this. She really hurt me and I doubt she cares.... Oh well

I'm also just really bored of the single life. I enjoyed her company so I miss it. I want to tell her I still miss and love her a lot but I know that won't do me any good.

Edited by Calidude6
  • Author
Calidude6

I don't know why I did. I was doing really well but she had a big presentation and I told her good luck and I hope you do great.

I know I shouldn't have said that.... I just wanted to say anything to her and let her know I'm here but I'm sure she knows that

Oh well

• Author
Calidude6
Did you get any response ?

All she said was "thank you!!"

feels good to hear from her but at the same time it hurts. I broke NC for no reason.

Ijustdon'tgetit
All she said was "thank you!!"

feels good to hear from her but at the same time it hurts. I broke NC for no reason.

Of course it wasn't for no reason. We're all struggling with wanting to hear from our ex. We sometimes fail to remember that NC is for our own good. That longing overrides the logic. I feel your pain Cali. Use it to remind you why NC is important the next time.

• Author
Calidude6
Of course it wasn't for no reason. We're all struggling with wanting to hear from our ex. We sometimes fail to remember that NC is for our own good. That longing overrides the logic. I feel your pain Cali. Use it to remind you why NC is important the next time.

I think a part of me wanted to remind her I'm still here and still in love with her but I'm sure she knows that but for myself, I shouldn't worry about it. It's a hard process but in due time, it will heal myself and my pain.

I think one of the worse feelings is thinking she is more happy without me. I can be happy without her of course but having that feeling awhile you still love the person sucks.

RoseHeart

Don't worry about it. Things like this happen and it's not going to do much when you look at the bigger picture. I'm not saying do it again but one small hick up is not going to ruin everything. Just go NC again and delete her number !! I cannot emphasize this enough. If you cut off communication lines like that you don't have to worry about ever breaking NC again.

ColdandLonelyinAK

I wouldn't worry about it. I have broken NC a few times already - twice to remind him his things are at my house and he needs to get them, and once I made the unfortunate mistake of drunk texting. I think any response from them can be comforting while you're grieving.

I agree with the poster above: delete the number. One of my friends told me there's no better feeling than being able to honestly say "Who is this?!" when and if they text or call you down the line because you've deleted all traces of them from your phone. :)

• Author
Calidude6

Is how when she breaks up with me after a good amount of time while the we created a great bond and friendship to literally stop talking to you and can talk to other dudes as if their friendship is better than what we had. I know it's

Because we broke up but damn it feels like I was nothing to her and she rather talk to other guys than me especially when they just met or don't know her as long as I did. It just sucks and hurts to see her talk to other guys than me as if she doesn't care anymore... :/

I know that's how it is when you break up but I just don't get it sometimes..

ColdandLonelyinAK

I'm in the same boat. He broke up with me and then added a bunch of females on Facebook, including his cheating ex and a girl who tried to break us up. I don't get it. It hurts. I wish you could look into someone else's mind at times and understand. Perhaps then it would be easier to move on.

• Author
Calidude6
I'm in the same boat. He broke up with me and then added a bunch of females on Facebook, including his cheating ex and a girl who tried to break us up. I don't get it. It hurts. I wish you could look into someone else's mind at times and understand. Perhaps then it would be easier to move on.

It's hard to understand the concept but maybe because I never broke up with anyone, I'm the one who gets dumped and left with pain. Even if I did break up with someone, I would only talk to my real friends I had my whole life. My ex is in college tho so I guess that might be a good reason but still hurts. Hurts that what we had is less important to someone randomly new. Idk I'm just different I guess. I'm old school yet I'm 25 lol

We are in the beginning processes of a divorce. She texted a question about our daughter, I answered and asked if she was having a good day. Crickets.

11 years together and almost 10 married, nothing.

• Author
Calidude6
We are in the beginning processes of a divorce. She texted a question about our daughter, I answered and asked if she was having a good day. Crickets.

11 years together and almost 10 married, nothing.

I can only imagine your pain and anger with that. When you build something special with someone and they forget it like it was nothing is something I'll never understand. How can someone just drop everything, stop talking to you and talk to others with ease. I just don't get it...

I can only imagine your pain and anger with that. When you build something special with someone and they forget it like it was nothing is something I'll never understand. How can someone just drop everything, stop talking to you and talk to others with ease. I just don't get it...

It is the most painful thing I have ever felt and it does anger me to a bit. I just want to hear her voice and hold her close. Though I am trying real hard to have it show that it is not bothering me.

Yep.. that's how breakups work dude. She talks to new people because she is moving on. Their friendships aren't "better" or "worse" than yours, and whether she cares about you or not won't change the fact that she isn't with you. She is allowed to look for a new partner now that she is single. (and you are allowed to look when you are ready too)

• Author
Calidude6
It is the most painful thing I have ever felt and it does anger me to a bit. I just want to hear her voice and hold her close. Though I am trying real hard to have it show that it is not bothering me.

As long as you don't show it to her or the public and only to yourself then you're making progress. Pain and anger can only last for so long but when I do see my ex talk to a guy that she barely knows does really put pain in my body like why do I deserve that? But it's life and if they are meant for us then they'll come back.