Why do girls/guys do this?

scubasteve

scubasteve

Boy it's been awhile since I posted on ls, since I thought the girl I was talking too decides to leave me for her ex...

So why do girls or guys Tell their previous loves or what not that they are in a new relationship? What's the point of it?

Second I seen her post depressing stuff about her ex not me but her previous and her new bf On facebook....I know she's bipolar, was on meds for sucidial im not sure if she's still on them.

Why do people do these type of things to get people to feel sorry for them?

HeartOfAPhoenix
Boy it's been awhile since I posted on ls, since I thought the girl I was talking too decides to leave me for her ex...

So why do girls or guys Tell their previous loves or what not that they are in a new relationship? What's the point of it?

Baiting a reaction

Causing drama

Think you'll stop pursuing if you know about their new flame

Second I seen her post depressing stuff about her ex not me but her previous and her new bf On facebook....I know she's bipolar, was on meds for sucidial im not sure if she's still on them.

Why do people do these type of things to get people to feel sorry for them?

Attention seeking

Finding another person to latch onto before bailing on a relationship (finding a white knight)

RoseHeart

Her behavior sounds "normal" in terms of what people sometimes do. As someone with Bipolar myself it slightly annoys me when people associate any strange behavior that might seem off as "Bipolar". No one is posting depressing things on their FB because they have the condition. Neither is going back to your ex. I just want to clear this misconception up because there's a very bad stigma about Bipolar due to how we are portrayed in media which is not accurate or true. I've seen many people posting depressing things on FB who definitely don't have Bipolar.

As for your question, if she told her ex about you when you were together she likely just used you as some kind of rebound. She wanted to make him jealous and what better way then getting someone new and showing off how happy you are with someone else. I have been through a sort of similar experience too and it just happens. People might still have unresolved feelings for their ex deep down and that's not something they can always help either. In this case her love for her ex was simply stronger.

• Author
scubasteve
Baiting a reaction

Causing drama

Think you'll stop pursuing if you know about their new flame

Attention seeking

Finding another person to latch onto before bailing on a relationship (finding a white knight)

Why would they stop pursuing when they reject hin or her?

HeartOfAPhoenix
Why would they stop pursuing when they reject hin or her?

With the hopes that their ex would respect that they are in a new relationship and back off. They see their ex as still having feelings and wanting a reconciliation. Think of you hitting on a girl and her saying "I have a boyfriend". People generally back off at that point and the girl doesn't have to deal with you hitting on her anymore.

it's another form of rejection.

crimsontactics

People who do these tend to be the ones with low self-esteem.

The only way to make them feel good is to pull you down.

Don't care about them and don't lower yourself to their level.

Always remember you're better than them! :D

Stay cheerful! :D