Broke NC for a legitimate reason and wishing I hadn't

You guys are going to yell at me and that's ok because I deserve it. I broke NC. If you read my original post about my relationship you will have some background info. My ex and his sister and I decided to go to a Faith No More show. These plans were made after he left me for that homewrecker I used to call "friend". I bought the tickets because I'm an idiot and I felt like I owed him. He is a PoS and yet I feel like I owe him?? For what?? I owe him nothing.

Anyway, just as you guys predicted he screwed me over. The show is May 15 and today I broke NC to nail down logistics (what time to meet up, etc.). This was over email because I wanted to keep things professional. He informed me that he decided to buy his own ticket and refuses to pay me for the ticket that I bought for him. So that's $120 wasted. On top of that he decided to bring up other BS that had nothing to do with the show.

Before I had enough sense to initiate NC there was a little drama. Again, my original post gives some background. Short story...I thought he was my soul mate. We lived together and had been together for 5 years. I've known him since childhood. He blindsided me with the breakup one night and within hours moved in with my "friend". I was devastated and I still am. While I don't think he actually slept with her while we were together, he absolutely was having an emotional affair. I found out after the BU just how much time he was spending with her while I was at work or sleeping (I'm on night shift). This girl was going to the gym with him, buying him lunch, hanging out and going to bars with him, etc. he was confiding in her and telling her problems that he was having in the relationship (problems that I was completely unaware of). so yes it was an emotional affair and yes that is considered cheating.

Ok back to what happened...apparently someone told him that I was telling people he slept with her while we were together. I never would've said something like that because it would've been dishonest. I did let people (friends and family) know he was an emotional cheater but that's as far as it went. So he went on the dreaded FB and started talking a bunch of crap...which is surprising because it's so unlike him to be vindictive. And now he holds it all against me. He brought it up in his response to my email and I don't know why he felt the need to do that. I ended up getting defensive about it and once again told him that I had never said the things he claimed.

I stopped responding to him and I wish I had never emailed him in the first place. I thought my reason for breaking NC was legit and now I'm realizing that there is never ever a good reason to break NC. All it did was hurt me and set me back in the healing process. And now I'm analyzing his responses and trying to figure out why he would bring up something that I didn't even do. I guess he's trying to villainize me in order to make himself feel better for the evil things he did? And I'm ashamed that I felt the need to defend myself and explain myself to him. I just hate it when people believe things about me that aren't true.

Ok I didn't intend for this post to be so long and for that I apologize. I guess once I got started I just couldn't stop typing. Any insight would be appreciated even if it's telling me I'm an idiot for breaking NC.

• Author

Anybody living in the mid-Atlantic region want to go to a show for free?? :D:D:D

Seriously....free ticket....for anyone who enjoys Faith No More....there has to be someone else on this planet that enjoys the awesomeness of FNM. I'll email the ticket to you.

spiderowl

You could be right in that he is feeling guilty about his behaviour with your ex friend and that to convince himself he's not so bad, he is blaming you for everything. It's a kind of defence mechanism to protect himself. It hasn't done you any good though. It does sound as though total no contact would be better for you, if only to protect yourself from his mixed-up guilt feelings.

• Like 1