Three months in

Long story short: I'm 21 and she's 20, my first relationship (1 year long), she ended it saying she doesn't feel the same.

First 2 - 3 months were really painful, thinking about her everyday, crying sometimes, drunk threads on loveshack, breaking nc twice or more, counting days, feeling of betrayal, anger, sadness, etc.

But since few days, I just feel like she's only some distant memory. I don't think about her, don't care what she does, I even broke nc a couple of days ago with some texting. Don't remember why, probably because I met her friends, but I don't feel sad, not at all...even though she said she dates some guy but nothing serious...while a month ago I was completely broken after texting her during nc.

I have been trying to redirect all those ****ty feelings into something constructive - sports (really helped me), new job (moving out from parents house soon, got multisport card - all gyms, pools, etc free in my city), break from university for a year. And finally I started paying more attention to these things, and less to her.

Right now I belive that if she'd ask me to reconcile, I wouldn't agree. I just don't have time for relationships right now, I want to improve my life first.

The thing is I always thought about staying friends in the future, but right now it's just a meh...she wasn't that interesting after all, besides what could we talk about, and texting her out of the void to meet up? (not gonna do it right now, but in the future...)

What do you think about becoming friends after NC with an ex one day?

When you've fully moved on, reached more goals and have a new way-better girlfriend, probably the last thing you'll want is to be friends with this ex.

She'll be off her pedestal by then and you'll probably be wondering what you ever saw in her to begin with.

Your future new way-better girlfriend won't appreciate this friendship, either.

:)

Long story short: I'm 21 and she's 20, my first relationship (1 year long), she ended it saying she doesn't feel the same.

First 2 - 3 months were really painful, thinking about her everyday, crying sometimes, drunk threads on loveshack, breaking nc twice or more, counting days, feeling of betrayal, anger, sadness, etc.

But since few days, I just feel like she's only some distant memory. I don't think about her, don't care what she does, I even broke nc a couple of days ago with some texting. Don't remember why, probably because I met her friends, but I don't feel sad, not at all...even though she said she dates some guy but nothing serious...while a month ago I was completely broken after texting her during nc.

I have been trying to redirect all those ****ty feelings into something constructive - sports (really helped me), new job (moving out from parents house soon, got multisport card - all gyms, pools, etc free in my city), break from university for a year. And finally I started paying more attention to these things, and less to her.

Right now I belive that if she'd ask me to reconcile, I wouldn't agree. I just don't have time for relationships right now, I want to improve my life first.

The thing is I always thought about staying friends in the future, but right now it's just a meh...she wasn't that interesting after all, besides what could we talk about, and texting her out of the void to meet up? (not gonna do it right now, but in the future...)

What do you think about becoming friends after NC with an ex one day?

This is amazing news man!

Never realized the great opportunities that emerge after a break-up. This is a time to grow as an individual, immerse ourselves in our passions, and take care of business that needs to be taken care of. I'm going to driving school at the end of May, and with God willing, I'll graduating with my degree in July and then grad school in February (i'm trying to be a Human Resources Manager someday). I use my ex as a motivation sometimes, not in way to get her back, but to prove her wrong. I don't care if she sees the changes or not, it helps me push through.

But yeah man i'm proud of you, you deserve better than your ex. Keep focusing on yourself and everything else in your life will fall into place. I look forward to more updates by you. :)

She dates some guys and there's nothing serious? No you can never know about all that, I would say that the relationship was already lousy when she was dating other guys.

You have to find what was your fault, would you like to share that?