Best way to let go?

Calidude6

It's crazy, I've been through break ups and broken hearts in my life. I know the process, I know one day it will all fade away but for some reason...this girl, my ex, broke up with me about 3 months ago after 2 years and I still think and miss her every day. I don't know why it's still hitting me this hard still and I feel like I can't let go. Idk why my mind can't control my heart and beat the battle. Maybe because I still think there is a slight chance? Idk but what is the best way to let go and accept it?

Three months isn't very long.

Try to be patient with yourself.

Just let the thoughts and feelings come and go, and eventually you will be through it.

It takes time.

• Like 1
  • Author
Three months isn't very long.

Try to be patient with yourself.

Just let the thoughts and feelings come and go, and eventually you will be through it.

It takes time.

I know it takes but I feel like I'm obsessing over her in some way and that's not healthy. She was my true best friend and that makes it even harder. The person I could go to for anything and talk. I'm so attempted to call and talk but I don't want to ruin anything. Let her knew how I felt last time we talked so she can have that as a last memory. Not some desperate sad dude.

But thank you, I know time will heal it all but the process does suck

• Like 1
xpaperxcutx
I know it takes but I feel like I'm obsessing over her in some way and that's not healthy. She was my true best friend and that makes it even harder. The person I could go to for anything and talk. I'm so attempted to call and talk but I don't want to ruin anything. Let her knew how I felt last time we talked so she can have that as a last memory. Not some desperate sad dude.

But thank you, I know time will heal it all but the process does suck

I know how you feel, you've lost both a lover and a best friend.

Do not break NC. From personal experience, I have broken NC and begged and it has only made my ex hate me more.

If they really wanted you, they wouldn't have left. The relationship is broken and they left the relationship a long time ago, even before they broke it off with you.

I was in a 3 year relationship, and it was the most significant part of my life. But it's time to let go of the hope... they will never come back. Once you let go of those dreams of the future with them, you will then learn to carve a better future for yourself.

• Like 1

Idk why my mind can't control my heart and beat the battle. Maybe because I still think there is a slight chance? Idk but what is the best way to let go and accept it?

It can, but it doesn't happen automatically. You have to consciously bend your mind elsewhere when it drifts to her. Have thoughts on stand-by: "what am I going to do tonight? What's for supper? That was a good episode of [insert show]. Can't wait for the big sports game!"

Paidtheprice

Best advice is to keep your mind and body occupied. Go on youtube and Listen to a guy named Corey Wayne. I went two months NC. I broke NC only when I realized I was ready to walk away and never look back.