Contacting your ex

rollercoaster11

rollercoaster11

I was thinking about this that all of us struggle with NC...some more than others. If u had the perfect chance to talk to your ex what would you say and what are you expecting to happen? These are the questions that I ask myself when the dreaded contact urges come and it stops me because I cant think of any questions that would make a difference and also I have to remind myself why we broke up because there were issues that I tend to forget. It stops me every time but I do know if my ex called I would talk to him because he called...not me. Is that considered breaking no contact if your exs contact you first?

Cupid's Puppet

Don't answer the call. Just try to forget about the person. My ex called me last month, and it makes no difference who calls who, CONTACT HURTS! You will still be left with questions that have no answers. You will also start having hope again because you make up all kinds of lovey dovey reasons for why your ex called...until he or she ignores you again. Then you're back to Square Uno. So again, it doesn't matter who contacts who because the result is the same. I support NC, but I know most people will break it. Sometimes you only learn lessons through experience.

• Like 3

I would just start crying and be all over the place. It's a good thing she can't contact me anymore and I can't neither. Still I don't know why a part of me hopes that one day things fit in, two plus two equals four and somehow we get back together forever...

But I realise that's just a stupid fantasy.

Edited by HBK3317