fighting the urge to not contact.. !

polaske93

Weve been broken up for 6 months now, and no contact for 5.. I had a terrible time getting over her for the first 3 months. Began drinking, smoking, moved to another state, gained weight.. Did nothing. It wpuldnt have been so bad if things didnt end the way they did, but nevermind all that. Thing is ive been great the last few months. And have had no thought of her at all.. However the last week everynight i seem to dream about her.. Lastnight was really bad and i have had a rough day. I ended up drinking to drown out the thought which seems to have made it worse. I have been fighting the urge to call her and see how things are going.. Basically because im so lonely out here and i honestly still do care about her . Not just romantically but as a person.. Anyway none of my friends are answering my calls (trying to distract myself). And i cant get the thought out of my head to contact her. Im drunk and i keep drinking and im telling myself if its this much of a problem then im honestly not over her.. Which is sad considering its been 6 months and in retrospect i was just a toy for her.. Please remind me how bad of an idea this is, and give me some motivation tonight..

AbhorredBeard

I'm going through the same thing at the moment.

It would be easy to call but what good would it do? The end result is going to be nothing but pain for you. The healing process takes time, calling will just be tearing off the scab and reopening the wound and you'll have to start the process all over again. Don't do it.

Throw on some music, something that you can listen to and get lost in. That's what I do, and if that isn't your thing then do what ever it is that lets you escape for a while.

Stay strong.

• Author

Thanks.. Im honestly just listening to some jazx, and trying to find conversation with anyone to distract me.. Just sucks knowing i may never know how she is.. I miss her like i saod not just romantically.. But then again i doubt i will ever be able to see her as "just a friend".. I know its part of life and something everyone goes through.. But believe me when i say she was my dream girl.. And ive never find someone i could connect with like her.. **** it tommorow will come and i will find something to distract me

AbhorredBeard

Yeah, I think about how my ex is doing and wonder how she my be feeling.

Reality is that she is probably just getting on with life, they way everybody does, just without me being there. That's just life; kinda **** sometimes but can be pretty cool too.

• Author

I hear you.. I just kind of designed my life to be alone from a very young age.. So something like this wouldnt happen. No friends or family and im only 21.. Then i moved to another state where im completely alone.. I thought it would help being from a somwhat smaller town. I couldnt bare the thought of running into my ex and her new bf (my ex best friend).. So i ran away. In hindsight it did more harm then good..

AbhorredBeard

I moved from my home town to be with my ex. Tried staying in the same place as her but it was hell so I moved back. Creating that physical distance between us helped me a lot. Give it time.

• Author

Its been 6 months.. Haha and we were only "together" 8.. But ive been fine besides this last week evernight ive dreamt about her.. I cant escape it

rollercoaster11

Dont you wished that there was a switch that u could just flip whenever that urge comes to contact your ex. People try their best to make u feel better when they say to hang in there and to be strong and all u are thinking is that if I call my ex and then everything will be right with the world....and then u reach out and then u are feeling even worse than before u made that call. I too am fighting that temptation right now which is what drew me to your post. My temptation mostly happens when its the weekend or holidays or

birthdays or when u run into them...like I did today at work. I think that my healing could and would come faster if I didn't work my ex but right now Im not that lucky...hopefully one day. What doesn't kill u makes u stronger...before its over with I suppose we will be invincible.