Almost to months in and sudden urge to break NC

Dallix

Oops meant 2 not to lol.

Well today for the first time I have gotten a strong urge to email her telling her how I felt about the relationship and am sorry I didn't do more and hope she is finally happy.. I know I shouldn't and am trying to resist..

Edited by Dallix

The urge is totally normal. do whatever you choose, but personally I'd advise against it. It might go well, it might go sh*t, but either way it'll probably set you back. Just my 2 cents.

I dont think its good..keep going. Your healing dont look back. She hasn't contacted you to see how u feel so why tell her... Who cares if she is happy don't stroke her ego.

• Like 2

Personally, I would highly recommend against trying to make any form of contact with your ex, none at all.

Unless your kind of sickly fascinated in personal pain and suffering! Think about it long and hard. I don't know how much time you've got under your belt as far as recovery time from your ex. But just think, since the breakup, to now, do you seriously want to take a chance in blowing it all for one mire communication with your ex?

I broke up with my ex-fiancé in late July of 2014, she left and flew back to Ohio on August-3-2014, I had one talk with her on the phone on August-7-2014, and you might not think so, but in the 4 days that she had been gone, I had started putting my toe on the road to recovery! That one phone call blew every minor good thing that I had been able to do for myself, it destabilized me for days!

Now, little over 7 months later, do you think for one minute I want to talk to my ex? Yes, there are those rare moments that craziness sets in and perhaps I have a small urge to make contact, but do I? Nope, not at all, I'm not willing to gamble away my personal recovery for one mire communication with my ex!

But we are all human, subject to those pestering freedoms to do as we want! You entitled to do so, make contact, but before doing so seriously out weight the pro's and the con's first, then decide!

• Like 1
LittleShamrock

I feel your pain. Today was 3 weeks NC for me, & I had a major crying meltdown earlier.I wanted to reach out to him so badly, but thankfully I didn't. Some days it is just so damn hard not to break NC!

• Author

So an interesting thing happened last night. I went out with a gorgeous perfect 10 girl I met about a week ago. It was a casual thing since I was honest with her about not getting into a relationship right now. we ended up at my place and fooled around for awhile before she had to go pick up a friend at 9(she told me ahead of time). She was into me and wanted to do it again. It was kinda awkward making out since I had to get used to how another person kisses first, but over all was enjoyable. I texted her to let me know when she got home safe but she never did. Texted her again the next day to see if she did and say let's do it again soon. Still no reply. Turns out she was ignoring me and had denied a friend request on the xbox that she obviously had wanted me to do.

Of course it stung for a bit being confused and rejected. but the good part is that the encounter has caused me to gain control of my emotions and not miss my ex any more and gain confidence I need to move on, building the walls back up. Still confused but feel good and back to my old self almost. Hope the feeling stays.

Edited by Dallix

Ya, be careful putting yourself out there too soon. You are not in an emotionally good place to be having too much fun with other ladies yet. What will seem like "oh well, not that into him, I'll keep looking" to her will seem like "F*CK you assh*le, you make me sick!" to you. My advice, go have some social fun, but just keep it friendly, and not sexual in any way.

I used to crave my wife texting me, or having some good reason to talk to her. Any little communication seemed like hope and I longed to hear one day what I thought was the inevitable "being apart from you is killing me, let's talk" (LOL), needless to say it never did happen. Now that I finally have my heart in the place it should be, I'm enjoying the silence and wish I had no reason to ever contact her again (and hope she never contacts me again.) It took me many months to get here, and one big revealing conversation!

Follow your heart. That was what I always said, and I still think it's the best advice, but you seem to know NC is what's in your heart so go with that. Best of luck to you staying firm!

Ken

• Like 1
I feel your pain. Today was 3 weeks NC for me, & I had a major crying meltdown earlier.I wanted to reach out to him so badly, but thankfully I didn't. Some days it is just so damn hard not to break NC!

Hugs!!! (and another exclamation point to make it over 10 characters!)

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks Ken. I am making sure to not do anything dumb. When everything was fresh, I was headed that direction but thankfully I didn't. Honestly didn't expect anything to happen with this girl, it just did. and yeah at first it did feel that way, like a big wtf. but quickly got over it and just focused on the "Oh well, that's life" attitude.

• Like 1