is it normal to beg and plead

luke87zorro

luke87zorro

After you get dumped is it normal to beg and plead for the person to get back with you?

People say have some self -respect and walk away but sometimes it's so hard to when you love the other person

I can't be the only one who has begged and pleaded can i?

No, you're not the only one to do it, but it is a 100% effective way of getting a woman to wash her hands of you, and brings a result which is the exact opposite of what you want.

Light Breeze

No you're not alone. After you get dumped you'll be in crisis mode, of course you'd do anything to make the pain go away. But, after a while and you'll realize that your continued begging and pleading just pushes her away more.

• Author
luke87zorro
No, you're not the only one to do it, but it is a 100% effective way of getting a woman to wash her hands of you, and brings a result which is the exact opposite of what you want.

why does it push her away for good?

I think it only pushes her away for good if you do it excessively.

I cried and tried to compromise during my break up.

Edited by Jonp219
Light Breeze

Because, continued begging and pleading when you know she wants nothing romantic with you, will make you look weak, needy, and pathetic. Those are grade A attraction breakers.

Because, continued begging and pleading when you know she wants nothing romantic with you, will make you look weak, needy, and pathetic. Those are grade A attraction breakers.

Most would say it's already over, so why not? Lol

I know guys who did it for 4-6 months straight yikes! Things ended terribly for them lol

so basically its wrong to do but people stil do it?

Yes, it's more like a reflex.

I'm happy though that even though I groveled for some time now I'm the only one

who's deprived my ex from all acknowledgement, compared to other beggars and grovelers. :)

hopelessromantic89

I know I've begged before, but I quickly stopped myself. Nobody should have to convince another person to love them and be with them. It's just not fair to yourself.

Yeah, the needy thing.

I guess I may have come across that way. I just wanted her to see the logic of what was going wrong, but realized about two months into it that nobody can win back a woman with logic.

Nor can one win back a partner with love, money, humor, cooking, sex, abilities of any kind. In fact, nobody can win back a partner. That must come from within the other person. If it's not their idea, it's not happening!

Be aloof. Be nonchalant (wow, it's so nice to finally use those words!! :-D)

Be COOL!!! If it has a chance (sorry, but unlikely), let it happen. If it does not, let it un-happen. Your best bet is to start to learn to be OKAY with it not happening. You are NOT ALONE!! You have many people here who understand, sympathize, and can give awesome advice!! I'm so sorry for your loss!

Ken

• Like 2
ralfgarnett

Yep perfectly normal been there done that didn't get me any where though, makes you look weak and needy give it a go it might work it might not but nothing ventured nothing gained basically what have you go to lose that you might of lost already ?