Finally went through my exes stuff..

zhaulk

So I've been moving out of my apartment, into a new, smaller apartment in the same complex. The last thing I had to do was go through all of my exes stuff. I've been putting it off for about two weeks now, but I finally did it today.

It wasn't easy, and I had this feeling of melancholy the whole time. But I found a stuffed animal that I bought her one day, back when we were together. I remember she had just found out that she couldn't get into school because she owed some tuition money from an earlier admission. She was really upset, and I surprised her at her job with the stuffed animal and I remember how happy it made her.

Seeing it today took me back, and it crushed me deep down. I've been in limited contact for 58 days (we worked together, so some small contact was necessary), and total no contact for 23 of those days (it's been 23 days since I've seen her). In the grand scheme of things, I guess it hasn't been that long, but it seems like I haven't talked to her in months. I have ups and downs, but today was really hard. I keep thinking about how she told me: "I just don't think you're the right person".

I really want to let this go, and remember that she's not the right person. I don't know what it is about us dumpees, but we always focus on their life and their perspective instead of ours (which is what really matters). So I guess..here's to all of us focusing on our life. No more letting them run our lives, whether in a positive or negative way. It's time to live for me :)