No social media...

SycamoreCircle

SycamoreCircle

Could someone please talk me out of checking her social media? She lied/cheated/used me. I've gone almost 4 months NC, two of which were not looking at her social media. Been having a strong temptation lately...

Please, just give me a pep talk.

Thanks...

• Like 1

She might have moved on by now and seeing her happy will make you hate your life now without her. If you don't see her face, you'll eventually forget.. which will be the best thing you can do now.

Stay focused on yourself, your happiness and your own social life.

• Like 1
  • Author
SycamoreCircle

Oh, she moved on. She moved on while she was still living with me.

I read your story. There are similarities to mine.

I believe my ex suffers from NPD, also.

• Like 1
LostConfused123

Listen to me!!!! DON'T LOOK!!

No good can come from it. To this day, when I think about what I saw (not the guy that brought me here) I still get sick to my stomach. Pure poison!!! Don't do it!!!

Best if luck! Hang in there. You can do it!!! :D

LostConfused123

By the way, I know it's not easy. Far from it. It's torture!!!

Give yourself some credit for not looking for two months. That's huge. Keep it up.

Oh, she moved on. She moved on while she was still living with me.

I read your story. There are similarities to mine.

I believe my ex suffers from NPD, also.

You read my story? It's quite a read but if you skip to the end, it's where all the good parts are. :)

Hope you keep to your NC, you're doing well!

Pleasant Surprise

Be honest with yourself, you already know what you're going to see. Do you really wanna torture yourself? You've already made it so far, why would you quit now for no good reason?

Forge on, soldier! I feel you brother.

• Like 1
realfriends

During the first two month after the breakup, it almost became a mini addiction to me.

Everytime I did it, my heart would start to race, and sometimes drop.

I took a stand for myself though and deleted and blocked anything and everything involving her.

Im now around 7-8 months NC and still have urges to go give it a look but I just have to remind myself how worthless it is and how ****ty it will make me feel.

picnicinthepark

It has been 6 months to this very day that she left me and we have not seen or spoken to each other since. We were together for almost 5 years. I figured I'd humour myself and looked at her fb today (unfriended her months ago) and was lucky enough to not see anything major. It set me back for a moment but I am okay. I won't play with fire again and I suggest you do the same. Hang in there buddy everything is going to be okay! Have the best life!

• Author
SycamoreCircle

Someone once said to me, "The thing about social media---people are presenting the image they want other people to have of them." So what we're seeing is not really true, it's just a projection.

• Like 2
  • Author
SycamoreCircle

Although, from past times when I've caved and checked out her FB or Twitter, I see indications that she's struggling with her life choices. I'm reading into things, of course. I also sense that she idolizes this new guy(after having devalued me)---Narcissist behavior.

Just another reason to not look at that garbage; it starts a ceaseless dialogue.

dudemeister

Been there, done that.

Nothing like popping in on your ex's Facbook page only to find a photo of her hugging another guy with the tag line "Happy to be with my sexy man!". Then seeing a bunch of likes on the bottom. Ugh. Then 6 months go by and she calls you up, crying, telling you how much she has missed you. Well tough sh*t baby, too late now.

Personally, I found that it helped me move on faster. Seeing her with another dude made me stop hoping that maybe, just maybe, we would have a chance of getting back together.

• Like 1