Awesome quote seen on Facebook.

AnyaNova

(OP's insertion--I have been Bella too long!)

"When the love of Hermione's life left her, she continued to search for the keys to destroying the world's most powerful dark wizard.

When the love of Bella's life left her, she curled up in the fetal position, went numb for months, and then dived off of a cliff.

When the sun and stars of Daenerys' life left her, she became a queen and ****ed up any mother****er who got in her way."

(OP's second insertion--I think I need to channel more of my inner Hermione and Daenerys!!!!)

And eventually get my butt out there to find the real love of my life. I am more than certain now that there is not "the one" but "a one" of many people, many men who could be compatible with me.

It is time to rip the bandaid off and finish healing.

I! AM! DONE!

(with the ex). Because it is time. Because I should have been long ago!

• Like 4
LostConfused123

Hugs!!!

I'm feeding the same! Not sure if you remember but I received a bread crumb, then another, then another. . . . I caved. Now I'm re living the nightmare. (MY FAULT ENTIRELY)

Anyway, changed my number. Should have done that long ago. DUH!!! Hahaha!

I'm cheering you on! btw, you can message me any time.

I always thought the Bella/Edward scene was horrible it showed young women life ends when your bf is gone and how obessive and happiness dependant she was in the relationship, it sucked it was so depressing and what's worse reminded me of myself and the many months I spent crying and sleeping im sure many other people went through what she did in the scene.

HeartbrokenNewbie

I'm reliving the nightmare too.. What is wrong with us eh! Time to let go for good.. Onwards & upwards NO looking back!! We are in this together! Lol x

• Like 1
  • Author
Hugs!!!

I'm feeding the same! Not sure if you remember but I received a bread crumb, then another, then another. . . . I caved. Now I'm re living the nightmare. (MY FAULT ENTIRELY)

Anyway, changed my number. Should have done that long ago. DUH!!! Hahaha!

I'm cheering you on! btw, you can message me any time.

I'm glad that you are done with the breadcrumbs. I never received one at all. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one in our "breakup class" that never received one.

I'm sorry that you are living the pain. Let's both channel our inner Daenerys and let no mere men destroy our path!

• Like 1
  • Author
I always thought the Bella/Edward scene was horrible it showed young women life ends when your bf is gone and how obessive and happiness dependant she was in the relationship, it sucked it was so depressing and what's worse reminded me of myself and the many months I spent crying and sleeping im sure many other people went through what she did in the scene.

You know, with literature it is a delicate balance. Sometimes you do want to show the reality of what actually happens. The truth. And the truth is, is that many of us have gone through that. When my first boyfriend who was abusive to me, left me, from September (I swear, September is just not my month with men! :p) to February, I did the stupid girlie thing, and gave him "everything he wanted" save outright sex which, supposedly, he was "respecting me" (oh, the twisted irony) even though he'd already broken up with me. From February to April (this would have been September of '98 to April of '99). I did the Bella thing. Curling up into the fetal position. Didn't jump off of a cliff. Finally in late April or early May, I came to my senses and came to the conclusion that I shouldn't have any more contact with him (didn't know no contact at the time as a prevailing concept).

It was the best thing I ever did for myself.

But the problem is, when you start trying to mix accurate portrayals of life with fantasy novels. So often, and particularly in stories like this where she is trying to set Edward and Bella up as larger than life, super-admirable characters, that is when girls decide that they're going to take Bella as a role-model and that if they just destroy themselves and pine long enough, they will get "the love of their lives" back.

The sad thing is, and it was true in my case, many young girls don't know their brains from random pebbles they pick up off the ground, and as such, they think that these total *******s who don't deserve them are "the one."

I am truly ashamed at my younger self, and how many times I listened to Garbage? I think the song was called, "I'd Die for You." crying over him and not picking up the slightest amount of irony in any of it.

I'm sorry that you went through something like this as well. It does give me hope, though, that so many good examples of strong females who don't just pine are coming up in literature and movies.

• Author
I'm reliving the nightmare too.. What is wrong with us eh! Time to let go for good.. Onwards & upwards NO looking back!! We are in this together! Lol x

Indeed! They left us? They wanted us out of their lives?

Good. They got their wish. Though I wish my ex well, I do honestly hope that he has some regrets and wishes he wouldn't have done it.

HeartbrokenNewbie

Mine still ignores me after 11 months which just seems so odd as I honestly feel I could talk to him now and all that ignoring achieves is thats it reignites the anger and bad feeling... I thought everyone got to the point they let bygones be bygones.. it sometimes seems he has more of a problem with it than I do and I was the dumpee! Thats me done though its only the ignoring that makes me feel less of a person and I think I would feel that way if anyone ignored me.. its not heartbreak anymore but he wont ever be hearing from me again x

• Author
Mine still ignores me after 11 months which just seems so odd as I honestly feel I could talk to him now and all that ignoring achieves is thats it reignites the anger and bad feeling... I thought everyone got to the point they let bygones be bygones.. it sometimes seems he has more of a problem with it than I do and I was the dumpee! Thats me done though its only the ignoring that makes me feel less of a person and I think I would feel that way if anyone ignored me.. its not heartbreak anymore but he wont ever be hearing from me again x

For people with certain types of trauma in their background, NC actually makes things worse (research has demonstrated this). Unfortunately, I am one of those people. I wish I would have known that before that conversation we had discussing it.

Perhaps you are one as well?

But good for you on your strong resolution! Let's go forward and find those who want to be in our lives and want to stay there! Or for those of us who choose to be alone, let's go forward and make the best of ourselves that we can on our own!

Bumpin in My Trunk

So does this mean you moved on? I went on Skype today and I see she had been there for a while. Ever since she met him she's just completely ignoring me except for that breadcrumb I told you about.

I've been doing better but I wish I could be like you. Even after all the cheating and lies and manipulation I still want her back even if she's not the best looking

• Author
So does this mean you moved on? I went on Skype today and I see she had been there for a while. Ever since she met him she's just completely ignoring me except for that breadcrumb I told you about.

I've been doing better but I wish I could be like you. Even after all the cheating and lies and manipulation I still want her back even if she's not the best looking

I am very much in the process of moving on. :) Trying to channel my inner Daenerys. Give yourself time. How long has it been for you? I've ben at this for months. Many LS'ers would say too many months. But we all heal at our own rates.

Bumpin in My Trunk

its been a week since they met and her not initiating any meaningful contact. I guess it does take time and NC does help a lot but I just can't help knowing shes on cam with him now. Doing all the things we did and she said we had something special. Sometimes I feel like she will forget me and that makes me sad the most I guess since I gave it my all. I wish this would just be over and this nightmare end