Relocated

mtnbiker3000

mtnbiker3000

Packed my sh*t and left. Now in Portland, OR. 42 years old, no job, don't know anyone, making a fresh start. Both scared and excited. We'll see...

• Like 7

Freedom some scary stuff. I got a daughter who I love more than life, but as soon as she's on her own, I'm hitting the road like you, and joining the peace corps. Something I always wanted to do. Go volunteer for the red cross or some other org and get yourself out there. You'll look back on this time in your life and make yourself proud. Hang tough brother.

To be very honest, I thought about doing something similar. Seems I had too many roots holding me down where I am at though. I did register for a career agency in North Dakota because of all the mining going on out there. Figured I could relocate and do nothing but work for a year while saving that money and getting over my most recent relationship.

Hope the best for you!

Packed my sh*t and left. Now in Portland, OR. 42 years old, no job, don't know anyone, making a fresh start. Both scared and excited. We'll see...

Awesome! I believe in you. It's the right decision, and keep us updated.

That takes a lot of courage. Good for you. Best of luck on this new adventure.

Mea :)