The pain is killing me...

h3braica

it's been a year and a month since the BU. I studied and worked in a yacht club. Ended the job a week ago, got hired by a new company with much higher salary and will start on the first week of march. Tried to get myself busy to forget the pain but the pain were still there.

i don't know what's happening with me been crying and hating the ex over and over again. i thought i forget about him but everytime I am alone I still feel the pain as if the break up happened yesterday. it's a 10 yr long distance relationship and never contacted each other since the BU.

do u guys think that entering in a new relationship will ease the pain?? but where are the guys? it's as if I am living on earth alone .

10 years is a long time!

You have got to give yourself more credit. I'm a month 1/2 out and still think about him more often then not.

You need to give yourself self care as well. It sounds like you've thrown yourself into work and that's great, but also give yourself permission to have you time.

Allow yourself 1 hour a day to say "I'm doing exactly what I want, relaxing, calling a friend, watching a movie" this is YOUR life and one person shouldn't take that away from you.

Fake it till' you make it. Have you avoided any contact whatsoever?

it's been a year and a month since the BU. I studied and worked in a yacht club. Ended the job a week ago, got hired by a new company with much higher salary and will start on the first week of march. Tried to get myself busy to forget the pain but the pain were still there.

i don't know what's happening with me been crying and hating the ex over and over again. i thought i forget about him but everytime I am alone I still feel the pain as if the break up happened yesterday. it's a 10 yr long distance relationship and never contacted each other since the BU.

do u guys think that entering in a new relationship will ease the pain?? but where are the guys? it's as if I am living on earth alone .

Hey, don't beat yourself up. It once took me 18 months to get over a BU. I was a franking mess but eventually got my old self back and met someone else. It helped to picture in my head what kind of life I wanted. I held onto to that vision and it's what kept me going. Hang in there... keep positive, imagine a new life and eventually you'll step inside your new life.

• Author
10 years is a long time!

You have got to give yourself more credit. I'm a month 1/2 out and still think about him more often then not.

You need to give yourself self care as well. It sounds like you've thrown yourself into work and that's great, but also give yourself permission to have you time.

Allow yourself 1 hour a day to say "I'm doing exactly what I want, relaxing, calling a friend, watching a movie" this is YOUR life and one person shouldn't take that away from you.

Fake it till' you make it. Have you avoided any contact whatsoever?

3 days after the BU I blocked him on my phone and go NC. 20 days after, I got an email from him telling me he misses me so much and wishes he never hurt me. I answered the email after 2 weeks telling him that I miss him too, he replied after 3 days that he misses me still. 3 days? he's always on the computer 24/7 and we're exchanging emails and text messages til he got home from work, chatting on the computer til he sleeps and texting til he headed to work again. I decided to stop communicating with him because he's not the guy I used to know. It only made me hate him more knowing that I am not important to him as I used to be.

He changed. He never reach out to me again up to this day. I have no regrets. I don't love him anymore. I just want this pain to go away. I feel miserable these past few weeks and hating myself why I am still feeling this ***t! again it hurts like hell.