Trying to make things work...

magicmoon

I had something on my mind lately.

Why is it, that all humans claim to want love, but it almost never lasts. Eventually you end up hurt, or someone else hurts you. I dont get this 'human nature'...

I had two relationship. The first one, idn what we even had, cheated on me, rejected me several times and later always wanted me back. My entire self worth was tied to this man. I was triying SO HARD to make it work. I still trusted him, and it took something very bad to hapen that I finnaly realised that I am just an ego boost for this man and cut him off for good. The best thing I ever did. This dragged on from when I was 16 to 18 (20 now). And shortly after I met my first real bf. We were in love and happy... until we started to drift apart and he broke it off, didnt want to try to fix things.

It's been half a year. And to this day, I've been trying to make him love me, to show him how great and awesome I am, how much we have in common and how good it is to hang out. I got my hopes up, just to get them shattered again.

But I'm done trying. I really am. Unless he comes begging back... I will just let him go. I got sick of beeind the one trying to make things work and prove my worth all over again. I want to know how it feels like to not be in love and not be heartbroken. To just be free from all this. Because I honestly dont remember how it feels to be single and happy.

Has anyone else find themselves trying to make someone love you? I am NOT talking about mutual flirting, showing like and love. I an talking about pinning over someone and beeing the only one pursuing things. I dont kow why I do it... but I am done with it. I am done trying. I wont be chasing anymore.

• Author

+ I know I will probably fail a few times, because I am so used to trying to make boyfriends love me... but I finnaly realize that whatI was doing is so wrong and self degradating. And that i probably deserve someone, who will chase me as much as I chase them. Because if nit, where is the point?

I am done.