She's leaving the country on Friday! Anything I can do? Urgent.

Strontium

My fiancee split from me three months ago. I don't think she was ready for the commitment (she's only 20) although she won't talk to me about it, so I don't know for sure (I'm fairly certain it's not another guy).

Now I find out that she's going to live in Turkey on Friday! She quit her job and is heading out there for a while to work/live, after having a 2 week holiday there, with her best friend.

Now this seems totally crazy to me. This is a girl who puts 3 different shampoos and 2 conditioners on her hair, so the reality of life in a basic country like that should not really be her scene. Plus, it will be a lot different working there than having a holiday. She doesn't even have a job lined up, and she doesn't have a massive amount of money either. Madness.

I broke no contact by text message to wish her all the best for her trip, and then to ask to see her one last time before she goes. She wished me the best too, but hasn't responded to my request to see her off.

Is there anything I should do, or do I just let her go? I think she's making a big mistake, but if it helps her learn that the grass isn't greener, then fine. Also, is there any reason why she won't see me, just to say goodbye? Maybe she thinks I'll try and persuade her to stay (yeah, right). Anyway, I sent her one last letter thanking her for our year together and wishing her the best for the future too. I think that's all I can do about it.

This girl has got serious issues, but I can't do anything about it cos she refuses to speak with me. Does this mean she still loves me, so won't speak to me cos it still hurts for her? Argh, so many questions and so few answers...

To be honest, the main reason I want to speak with her is cos I just want to draw a line under our break-up and settle our differences. I'd also like to know why she was unhappy in our relationship and why she couldn't tell me about it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Strontium

For her to moving to another country w/o even a job lined up, sounds to me like she met someone while on vacation there and she is going to be with that person.

• Author

See, I don't think that's the case at all, I think she just wants to do her own thing for a while and have an adventure with her friend.

Plus, it really makes no sense at all to move to another country after 2 weeks of knowing someone, when you have left your fiancee after a whole year together.

Please don't put ideas like this into my head! kthx

Strontium

• Author

Well, she responded to my request to say goodbye to her with a resounding "no". She gave me no reasons, just said she "didn't think it was a good idea".

I pushed her a little on it, but still she wouldn't give me any reason and then - this is the strange thing - she said "now was time to go our separate ways".

Er, hello? She broke up with me in April! We've been going our separate ways for three sodding months!

Does this comment of hers, and the fact that she won't even see me one last time to say bye, and that fact she is leaving the country, mean that she is having a lot of trouble getting over me? What does it all mean?

I'm so confused right now, but I'm not going to contact her again (except for a simple good luck leter I wrote her which my mum will drop off to her). I think she is really confused about it all.

Stronts