I did a thing and I don't know I should feel bad about it.

coffeeloverx

coffeeloverx

So, here's the deal, my ex and I haven't been talking for about over a month since I called him in the hospital. So, tonight I texted him asking how his aunt was doing (his mom came through my lane at the grocery store today and told me she was in the hospital.)

Anyway, the reply I got was this "I don't want to pretend to be fake friends and all I want is my necklace back. I'm seeing somebody new and you're just a desperate b-word who is trying to get me back."

Um. Alright then. I didn't reply, because that doesn't deserve an answer. However on regards to the necklace, should I feel like a horrible person if just a few days ago I threw it into the lake? :o I mean, it's a necklace he bought FOR ME in the beginning of our relationship, he has no sentimental value to it (maybe he did picking it out for me, but that was almost 3 years ago.)

Anyway, all he says when he does contact me is he wants this necklace back to give to his current GF.

I mean, what do I do in this situation. The necklace is gone and at the bottom of the river. I was upset one night and it's the last piece of "him" I have left and I needed to get rid of it, so I did.

Is what I did horrible or not? I don't know. It was a gift. So I'm conflicted.

JustAReformedGirl

You're not in the wrong, here. You did what anyone else who is trying to move on would do.

Him asking for it back is both cheap, and completely sleazy. I'm pretty sure his current GF wouldn't want a necklace he gave to you, his ex.

I know I sure as heck wouldn't, and nor would I demand a gift I gave to someone back, just to give to the next guy.

Tell him the truth, and tell him to get over himself. After that, hang up on his sorry ass, and move forward with your life. I'm sure you'll find much better than him.

• Like 1
It-is-what-it-is.

No don't feel ad, it was a gift. You can tell him or not, up to you, but I would just let it go.

He's not interested in any kind of social relationship with you.

If he calls you and asks again tell him you destroyed the necklace.

Lol ewwew what a cheap bastard, feel sorry for his new gf lol. Nope don't feel bad deep in waters is just the place for that item.

Tell him exactly that. The necklace is in the lake (or you said river?).

If he wants, you can show the approximate location. =)))

Was it silver, golden, with gem stones? Pearls? ;p

It was a gift. It's yours to do whatever you like with it, even if it meant chucking it in a river.

I wouldn't even give him the time of day with explaining what you did with it. Block and move on. I'm not sure why you both are still going back and forth about it.

And what type of guy asks for a necklace back to regift to the new girlfriend? I wonder how many times that damn thing was regifted!

Wow that's really cheap.

Makes you wonder what else he might have carried over into the other relationship and not just gifts right?

You did the right thing. You're just moving on with your life. Besides if he can't shell out a few bucks for a new and different gift for his girlfriend without anything pointing to the past, then he might as well not have a girlfriend in the first place.

No regrets!

I would've actually asked "why do you want to give it to your new gf or something?!"