Healing + Coping + being alone : what do you do?

hellischrome

hellischrome

As I said in my other post, my biggest problem is that I have never been alone before - always in relationships since I was 15. 3 years+7 years+ 6 months.

It's the first time I find myself SINGLE for real, and it's new and strange. How do you guys cope with your single life? Sometimes I think that the worst part is to wake up alone and know that you don't have that special person that is always there, but at the moment I am talking about being alone, without dating, because I don't wanna do that now.

I know it's hard to not wake up next to someone when you're used to it. I always sleep better with someone that I feel comfortable with by my side. I guess it would help to not think of it as being alone, but having a lot of freedom. Think about all the things that you want to do that cannot be done easily in a relationship. Have fun!

You cope by getting involved in other things that don't involve a relationship so that you have a well rounded life and get your happiness from a variety of things. That way, when your romantic life is not the way you want it at the moment, you have many other areas of life that are fulfilling to you, and that make you happy. A romantic relationship is only one part of life. There are many other ways that bring happiness.

• Like 1

i so relate. had 1 1/2 yrs of relationship with my 1st bf and now a 10 yr failed relationship that broke off 7 mos ago. it's my first time dealing with it alone and it's so hard. no words can explain the pain i am going through. it's worse than death. i tried to destruct my mind by taking a short term course. he still popping on my mind whenever i am alone and still feeling like losing my mind of why he ended it up. but the only choice i have is to be strong. we will get through this. hugs***

• Author
hellischrome

Yeah it's the same for me, even when I am doing other things - working, reading, listening to music - he is still there and I still about how good I felt when things were alright (which unfortunately wasn't really often). Sometimes I just want to go to his place, shake his shoulders and shout to him that he is doing the biggest mistake by letting me go.

I am not sure that getting involved in other things it's a solution, at least at the beginning it seems impossible...

Unfortunately I have the exact opposite problem. Was single until I was 21, thought I had found something special only to have it pulled away from me and I find myself single again. Life can be a bitch