Coping with a Loss

Sugarbee456

Sugarbee456

It's been almost three months since my ex left me. Nothing terrible happened, we had an argument, he said he couldn't do it anymore, and that he had a lot of internal issues inside that he needed to process and he just didn't see us working out. I clung to hope for the first 10 weeks and we texted quite a lot but I realize now that if anything was to reconcile with us, it won't be with me crying, pleading, and begging him to give us another chance. Who would want to get back together with someone in that emotional state?

I started NC about 4 days ago. It's been really hard and I've almost crumbled a few times but I keep reminding myself that if I want to feel better I have to stop hurting myself. If he is going to process and work on himself it won't help with me adding my emotional baggage to his.

It feels like people assume that I'm okay because it's been three months but I'm not. I still cry every day, I still miss him in every part of my day, I still go home to the empty house, I still function but I feel such a big void and such anxiety and saddness.

I've been trying to get out with friends, keep busy, exercise, stay away from alcohol, read, and do things that with distract me. Does anyone have other coping tips?

Have you tried writing? I have been nc for 2 days and it already feels like a month. My relationship broke down last week under the worst circumstances, but he says he will be back, he loves me, we can have the forever he has promised me for the last 2 and a half years.

I started writing down my thoughts that first day. Each morning I just ramble a bit about how I feel, how this has happened for a reason, how I need to just move on. No one will ever see my writing, but I know in a week or two when I look back I will see I've progressed and I will feel better and it will be a positive thing.

Good luck I hope you find your peace x