moment of weakness can't sleep

calgary

the last thing she said to me was ' text me'

I haven't text her.. that was a few days ago.

I've been sad all day and then I fall asleep, dreamt about her.. wake up 4 hours later because I got a text.. it was her brother asking how I was, said he missed me.

I said the same back to him , asked him how everyone was and he never replied.

it reminded me of how much I miss her and her family and the life I used to have. I can move on but I just don't want to.. life was better with her in it.

I feel like everything else in my life right now just feels like i'm doing it for the sake of it or to just try take my mind off of things. i'm doing well money wise. I've bought most of the things i'd like in life. I wanted to go on holiday with her and my family. but now I can't bare the thought of going without her.

really just want a hug. I woke up with a sore throat too. i'm just venting.

no contact when she wants me to contact her seems weird. I have to keep telling myself she doesn't want a relationship she's just leading me on for some cruel reason.

I didn't go out with friends tonight because I was in a lonely state and i'm so tired of going out and pretending to be happy and fake smiling it feels like such an effort. i'm going to see my parents tomorrow night, I feel like they just get mad at me for being so pathetic.

anybody got any tips for staying cheery and positive? keeping busy doesn't cut it for me, it feels such an effort to fake smile.. pretty soon people will start avoiding me. staying in alone drives me crazy I spend my night sat on love shack feeling sorry for myself and others and I can't even sleep lately without dreaming of her and waking up looking at the empty side of my bed.

my friends keep telling me to just hook up with some of the girls that have been messaging me lately.. but I can't do it. it sounds ridiculous but I can't be with anybody else.

like I said, i'm just getting this off of my chest. instead of calling my best friend or mother. I don't want to keep burdening them.

I just wanted to say I've been where you are and the pain does ease and go away completely once you finally move on.

Hugz and hope you find peace

You don't need to be cheery or fake feeling okay.

Give yourself permission to mourn. The loss of a relationship is very traumatic.

On that line, when I went through a breakup years ago and felt much like you do, I always wished there were regular meetings to go to where I could meet others like me...kind of like AA meetings. Sounds crazy, maybe.

• Like 1
You don't need to be cheery or fake feeling okay.

Give yourself permission to mourn. The loss of a relationship is very traumatic.

On that line, when I went through a breakup years ago and felt much like you do, I always wished there were regular meetings to go to where I could meet others like me...kind of like AA meetings. Sounds crazy, maybe.

Too weird I was thinking the same thing today. BU's can be very devastating and support groups would be very beneficial to getting on tge road to recovery

• Like 1