1.5 years and then a paltry message

Rorschach64

Short and simple, my ex f messaged me a few days ago at 2 am about returning my stuff after a supposed two attempts to try to ship the stuff. Then asks if I've been getting her , which obviously i only have gotten one in 1.5 years.

I know I'm reading into this too much but i can't help feel that this is one of the most awkward timed emails with stupid reasons to even contact someone after so long. Plus the fact it obviously irked me being blind sided by the email.

I did give her a new Address, Told her i have only gotten one email, and that's . She hasn't emailed me back since.

I think it's extremely passive aggressive that it took 1.5 years for you to get your stuff back. And they tell us to move on. Why stretch out the process then? I'm sure they get off on it.

• Author

I haven't even gotten the stuff back and i know i won't. I know it was a bs email cause she didn't even bother to ask how to send a package to an APO Address.

Her excuse was only she had sent my stuff to an Address twice in 1.5 years to only have it sent back both times. Don't know why you would send something to the same Address when it got sent back once.

Here's hoping next email i get in a year is more amusing.

Edited by Rorschach64
  • Like 1

Wow. What does she have of yours that you would actually need back after all this time? Is she fishing for something? Maybe just nosy about what you're up to?

• Author

She has a laptop and one of my dog tags, which is more sentimental to me. Granted the lap top is rather old, by technological standards, and wasn't really working that great last i used it.

I still go by the whole 'if she was going to send it, it would've been sent.'

• Like 1
  • Author

My curiosity got the best of me and whatever weak I have lingering.

I sent an email asking if there any trouble with the address i gave she can ask me, not like she probably doesn't know that anyway. Topped it off with stupid humor to appear more friendly.

Got no response, obviously, and even though i confirmed my own suspicions, i can't help feeling foolish :/.

Edited by Rorschach64

I'm going through the same thing with my first ex. We broke up 4 years ago now, and I had given him several of my books from high school (including my yearbook) and city college to keep in storage while we were together. I have asked him at least 4 times since then to please arrange a time that we can go to the storage facility so I can pick up my stuff.

I have gotten no legitimate response on that to date. I have resigned myself to the fact that I've lost an irreplacable piece of my history because of this passive-aggressive jacka**.

Just sharing all this to illustrate that sometimes the most effective solution may be to cut your losses and drop contact. I'm sure she's aware that by holding onto your stuff she will always have some footing in her mind to try and re-establish communication with you, because she knows those items mean something to you.

If something is important to a person they make the time and take the effort to see that it gets done. If she really wanted to return that stuff to you it would have been done by now.

Funny I came across this thread, I was just on my way to the rant section to post about my ex and this same problem lol. I really want my yearbook back, but not if it means I have to suffer random passive-aggressive quips with a flake forever.

• Author

I'm sorry to hear you're in a very similar position as I am. You're right, i should just not bother anymore even if i get any more emails from her. I appreciate you sharing your to help me along and realize the passive aggressive bs