it hurts too much

darth_han

my girlfriend broke up with me on sunday and it was my fault. i am absolutely miserable. how does it stop? the pain keeps building and building and i dont know how to relieve it. it is beginning to hurt physically. crying doesnt help and seems to make it worse. physical activity does nothing. i dont know how to let it out in a way that is going to make me feel better

Hi. I"m sorry to hear you're hurting. Nobody likes to go through a breakup. I went through that 2 mos ago when my bf and I decided it was best to breakup. I'm sorry your gf broke up w/you.. it's really hard but that pain you're feeling will get better.. I know that's alot to swallow.. but it will.. trust me! :) It hurts physically because .. you're heart is breaking.. our emotions affect our whole being.. and when someone breaks our heart.. we feel it.. tremendously. At least I did... it hurt me physically too.. for about 2 weeks! But.. have faith.. you'll get over it.. and I think the best thing you can do is just to express how you feel. Let it out.. because it needs to come out and then you'll feel a whole lot better.. kinda like when you're sick and you have to throw up to feel good again.

As hard as it is.. try going out w/friends.. it's okay to grieve but try not to forget how to have fun at the same time. I wish I would've smiled more and tried to be happy instead of laying in my room sulking for a while.. it probably would've done me much more good getting out instead of trying to dig a hole.

I don't think it's bad to express how you feel though.. so make sure you do what you have to do to feel better.. even if it's just a little better. Trust me.. you will feel better in time... it will be better.. just have faith and remember that! :)

I feel for you.. I was there too and I know it hurts. I'm sorry.

God Bless.. and here's a big ole hug for ya! ((((((((((hug))))))))) Feel better!!!

I know how you feel. I am going through it too.

It does hurt really bad... not only mentally but physically..

Talk all you need to. Cry all you have to.

If things get that bad...go to a therapist or counselor.

It helps..even for a little.

We are all here for you...and for each other.

• Author

but thats the problem. ive been with friends since that night and ive cried and talked to them and screamed and vented and it keeps feeling worse. ive slept maybe a total of 6 hours since sunday. i dont know what else there is to do to make me feel better.

first of all, is it clearly over or are you still hoping to get back together? you have to be clear on that before you can start healing. and then like Da-ism said, it's just TIME.

good luck,

-yes

DA is right - unfortunately, the only thing that's going to help is time. It's been less than a week. The grieving process takes time, and how much will depend on what you do with your time. Spending it with friends is a good idea. Now, if you can, try to do things other than vent and cry. It won't be easy at first and you probably won't want to, but trying to invest in activities that might help you take your mind off of this could be a big help in your healing process.

• Author

I do want her back. heres the thing im not experienced in love. this is the first time ive been in love. but i believe that once in love always in love. to me love is too strong of an emotion to not last forever. and i also believe that there is one person out there for everyone. and i also belive that she was my one person. if ive lost her now whats gonna happen? that means if we never get back together, ill be alone for the rest of my life. i cant go find someone else because it would just feel like i was being unfaithful and it wouldnt be fair to another girl if i dated her but didnt really care for her. and what hurts even worse is this whole thing is my fault. that just makes it worse

I understand that you feel she was the one for you now, but what you really need to do, assuming you stay apart, is wait a couple of months and see if you still feel that way. Sometimes, after we've had time to clear our heads, we realize that what we thought was love might just have been something else. Just take some time. You can't make her come back to you and jumping to the conclusion that this means you're going to be alone for the rest of your life is way irrational (and of course, being a little irrational during a break up is quite common). Hang in there!!

first of all, the fact that there's THE one is a myth! everybody can have great long-term relationships with many people out there.

second of all, if it's your fault, have you tried to apologize and see if she wants to get back together?

-yes

• Author

ive apologized several times and told her if she ever wants me back ill be here but thats about it

Ive just gone through a break up. I now it feels like you cant live without them, but i assure you, you can. Just got to ride it out bud!! Its bloody horrible. Its been 3 months since i split with my ex, and im feeling fine now.

Make sure you eat properly as well, if you starve your stomach, u starve your mind, and that will make you feel even worse. Just take every day as it comes. And try to have no contact with your ex, it wont do u any favours in the long run!!