Psychic prediction gone wrong...

PYTpisces

Some of you may have read my story, but you don't really need to background info for this. A psychic told me that my ex was going to be the one for me, and that if I end the relationship I won't be with anyone for a long time, possibly ever.

I know that psychics can get it wrong but 2 things are bothering me.

1. My ex ended things, not me.

2. What if the psychic is right about me not finding someone in the future? I'm worried sick that I will grow old and alone all because of this failed relationship :(

This is probably silly but any words of encouragement or insight will be soo appreciated.. :(

• Author

Sadly I did.. with much regret. Even though it's dumb it still f***ed with my head! :( Trust me I've learned my lesson and will never see another psychic... hell, i don't even believe in psychics! It was a depserate act. Now i'm paying for it :(

This is the ex that is emotionally and mentally unstable. The one that was some what suicidal. The one that treated you with disrespect by simply disappearing on you. The one that couldn't commit to a relationship. The one that didn't have it in him to give you what you wanted.

So the psychic is telling you that if you end the relationship, you will always be alone.

Fact. You never had a relationship in the first place. It's not even a failed relationship. It's one that never existed. You're manufacturing a fantasy in your head that it was one.

Rather than seek a psychic, you should be seeking a counselor to help with your abandonment issues.

A psychic won't fix your issues, in fact they will keep feeding you bad news so that you keep going back to them because you're hoping to hear something good. If she told you that you will live happily ever after, you wouldn't need to see her again because you will be content with that information. Now that she fed you negatives, I bet my last dollar you will be going back there like an addict looking for a fix, hoping to hear something different.

Stop it. Seek help to curb your issues rather than someone that is going to magnify and propagate your insecurities.

It seems like you place a lot of power into the supernatural and maybe use the zodiac to define yourself too?

What I've learned is that when you give supernatural forces the power it takes away your own personal power. If you live your life being dictated then you aren't living your life at all...you're living the life someone else prescribed for you and just going through the motions.

That's just silly.

• Like 1
  • Author

yes seriously....

you all are probably thinking i'm stupid or crazy... i'm not. appreciate the words albeit kind of harsh.

• Author

you're right though it was never a real relationship but we did talk everyday for 8 months so it felt like one. He told me he loved me and wanted to marry me... we werent even sleeping together so aside from the lack of commitmentit sure felt real... so getting over a fantasy like that is still rly painful and hard

yes seriously....

you all are probably thinking i'm stupid or crazy... i'm not. appreciate the words albeit kind of harsh.

I'm not trying to be harsh...just honest. You really should try to stop giving control to unknown forces so that you can be in control of your own life.

By going to that for advice just alleviates you of taking personal responsibility.

I'd say it'd be different if it was helping you in some way but it doesn't sound like.

• Like 1
yes seriously....

You're not stupid or crazy. You're desperate.

I had a gf that I knew for a few months. She spent $27,000 on a psychic. All for an ex-husband.

$27,000 = Buy some expensive stones and bury them by a river. Buy 2 roses once every week and lay it under her pillow. Buy a gold chalice for the psychic. Rest of the money was for her services. Didn't get her ex back.

You're emotionally driven and when that happens, you never make wise decisions. You make decisions out of desperation.

Again, you said in your first thread that you have abandonment issues. Use your energy and resources to help understand and manage those fears.

• Like 1
  • Author

now i just wonder if things would have been different between him and me had i never gone to the psychic, had the psychic never planted these thoughts in my head. i'm just filled with a lot of regret and longing to have a do-over

• Like 1
now i just wonder if things would have been different between him and me had i never gone to the psychic, had the psychic never planted these thoughts in my head. i'm just filled with a lot of regret and longing to have a do-over

Pisces, the man is emotionally and mentally unstable. He didn't want a relationship with you. He even told you he doesn't have it in him to be committed.

What can you possibly "do-over" when someone tells you that they can't give you what you want? He disappeared on you without a trace. What does his actions tell you?

Things could have been different if HE wanted to be with you. Things could have been different if HE wanted to "do-over" with you. It has nothing to do with the psychic.

• Like 1

Probably it would have been different. She told you that and it changed your view from taking it day by day to thinking of forever.

You probably dumped a heavy load into the relationship unnecessarily.

• Author

if tha'ts true then maybe i will be alone for a long time or forever. Aside from him not wanting to commit etc, he and i were faily compatible and he's the one i wanted. i can't see any up hill from here. just regret and sadness. now i'm crying at work.. i feel stupid, unwanted, weak... the list goes on

if tha'ts true then maybe i will be alone for a long time or forever. Aside from him not wanting to commit etc, he and i were faily compatible and he's the one i wanted. i can't see any up hill from here. just regret and sadness. now i'm crying at work.. i feel stupid, unwanted, weak... the list goes on

It's normal to feel like you'll be alone for a long time after a break-up. So what you're feeling is something we always hear on LS. I've been there too. But it isn't reality. You feel this way because you're despondent over the loss of him. Feel what you feel. It's normal to beat yourself up some when you face an ending. It's normal to regret. It's part and parcel of the healing process.

Remember when you were emotionally happy before this guy came into your life. Well, after much time has passed and you've healed and grown from this, you will once again feel that way. And when you do, the prospect of loving again will be exciting. The prospect of meeting new people will be welcomed. This is just a tiny sliver in the enormity of your life. A little tiny slice.

Eight months cannot possibly dictate the outcome of the decades you have ahead of you. Imagine a year from now. You won't be feeling this way. You'll be in a different emotional and mental bubble. It won't always be this way.

Cry. It's good to purge those feelings.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks all. i wish i had opted with him the moment he told me he wasn't looking for a relationship. i set myself up to get hurt by continuing... probably knowing somewhere inside myself that i'm comfortable pursuing unanavailable men... even at times i find myself desiring emotionally abusive relationships. and here i am on this site giving advice that i can't even swallow myself. i have lots of work to do..

Thanks all. i wish i had opted with him the moment he told me he wasn't looking for a relationship. i set myself up to get hurt by continuing... probably knowing somewhere inside myself that i'm comfortable pursuing unanavailable men... even at times i find myself desiring emotionally abusive relationships. and here i am on this site giving advice that i can't even swallow myself. i have lots of work to do..

You've won half the battle by identifying and acknowledging your patterns, and best of all knowing you need to work on them. Time to start rebuilding and reinventing yourself! Good for you!

• Like 1