"Let It Hurt" ... sometimes the truth hurts...

ImASadPanda

ImASadPanda

Today has been rough to say the least ... I don't know about everyone else - but I submerge myself in music. It may be to my own detriment depending on the type of music I am listening to, and I know right now I have been wallowing a lot grasping for anything to numb me, and listening to corresponding music... just heard this song for the first time on a cd I downloaded... the whole cd's is 80% reflective and painfully based on loss ... but there still was something in it that made me think to share it... link to the song, and lyrics below.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="Let It Hurt By Rascal Flatts (with lyrics) - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Let It Hurt"

7:42 in the morning

8 seconds before it all sinks in

Put your best face on for the world

Fake another smile and just pretend

But you're just puttin' off the pain

Nothing's ever really gonna change

[Chorus:]

So let it hurt, let it bleed

Let it take you right down to your knees

Let it burn to the worst degree

May not be what you want, but it's what you need

Sometimes the only way around it

Is to let love do it's work

And let it hurt

Yeah, let it hurt

3:28 in the morning

Countin' up the spaces between the rain

You're gettin' used to the rocks at the bottom

Your heart goes numb, but the lonely stays the same

And that's the price you're bound to pay

And there's really nothing anyone can say

Oh, there's only just one way

[Chorus:]

So let it hurt, let it bleed

Let it burn to the worst degree

May not be what you want, but it's what you need

So go on

Yeah, let it hurt

You might just find you're better for it

When you let go and you learn

To let it hurt, let it bleed

Oh...

So go on

And let it hurt

Oh, let it hurt

7:42 in the morning

8 seconds before it all sinks in

Please panda, do yourself a favor and immerse yourself in some Bon Iver and Ray LaMontagne. You won't be disappointed. Maybe even set up a Bon Iver station on Pandora, it helped me get out a lot of the pain and angst I needed to.

And if you feel up to it:

Type in "Bon Iver I can't make you love me" on youtube. That song tore me down. But I'm glad I came across it.

Edited by 2muchlove
  • Author
ImASadPanda
Please panda, do yourself a favor and immerse yourself in some Bon Iver and Ray LaMontagne. You won't be disappointed. Maybe even set up a Bon Iver station on Pandora, it helped me get out a lot of the pain and angst I needed to.

And if you feel up to it:

Type in "Bon Iver I can't make you love me" on youtube. That song tore me down. But I'm glad I came across it.

Just searched and started playing it on spotify. Already know the song after the first two chords ... Bonnie Raitt did it originally I believe. Tears my heart out ... it's horrid the lack of power and control you have in terms of choosing when and where and with whom to fall in love with ... the heart loves who it loves. And yet it somehow seemed a good idea when the universe was developing the standard operating procedures of love to convey power to a single person to choose to walk away whenever desired, leaving a warpath across your heart and mind, and leaving you left trying to minimize the love, pride, and self-confidence and respect hemoraging from your very being while you try and make sense of it all.

• Like 1
Just searched and started playing it on spotify. Already know the song after the first two chords ... Bonnie Raitt did it originally I believe. Tears my heart out ... it's horrid the lack of power and control you have in terms of choosing when and where and with whom to fall in love with ... the heart loves who it loves. And yet it somehow seemed a good idea when the universe was developing the standard operating procedures of love to convey power to a single person to choose to walk away whenever desired, leaving a warpath across your heart and mind, and leaving you left trying to minimize the love, pride, and self-confidence and respect hemoraging from your very being while you try and make sense of it all.

So eloquently took the words right out of my mouth.

However. Failures were made for triumph. To not only make us better and more humble beings, but to show us our worth and that we can rise from the ashes. Making us stronger, more intelligent and more gracious.

I can feel a transformation manifesting.

And that excites me.