I feel sad and butt-hurt about getting dumped

StarlaStardust

StarlaStardust

So I am going to walk to the restaurant on the corner, get myself some yummy food to go, shut down the computer and turn off my phone, and watch a movie.

Sad/butt-hurt dumpees: what are you going to do to take care of YOURSELF tonight?

Love,

Starla

Gulf-Delta

Going out with my best friends. One who is visiting from the Army, the other who has really been an amazing support system for me, because he went through a very similar thing, relationship wise.

• Like 1
tryingtodiscoveranew

One of the things that kept me hell-bent on getting back together with my ex was her cooking skills. So, tonight I taught myself how to prepare an excellent cuisine full of robust flavors and oh soooo healthy!!:D

• Like 1
  • Author
StarlaStardust

Day 22 has been hard. I've had the urge to contact him all evening. I am glad I did something deliberate to distract myself. I have this Japanese movie I keep meaning to watch called "Azumi," but it was so violent I couldn't finish it tonight. It WAS totally rad, but it felt intense to watch and just increased my pining for my ex.

So here I am, putting nice lotions on my face and relaxing before bed.

hinatticus

Not really taking care of myself but I did have a great day with my son. Took him to my buddy's to build a huge play structure with a mini rock wall, swings, tube slide etc. Took him to the park, gave him a bath, watched Bee movie and now I'm getting ready to tuck him in to bed.

Mariana345

I started to eat... I haven't eaten properly the past 4 weeks... I'm still healthy, but I lost sooo much weight in a short period... But still don't like the taste of food.

And read... And sleep!! I'm a disaster right now :/

• Like 2
  • Author
StarlaStardust
Not really taking care of myself but I did have a great day with my son. Took him to my buddy's to build a huge play structure with a mini rock wall, swings, tube slide etc. Took him to the park, gave him a bath, watched Bee movie and now I'm getting ready to tuck him in to bed.

awww, awesome boys day! I feel happy for you both:). Please don't forget to focus on you, too, once he's gone to bed. Watch a show you like or read a magazine or whatever it is that makes you happy.

• Author
StarlaStardust
I started to eat... I haven't eaten properly the past 4 weeks... I'm still healthy, but I lost sooo much weight in a short period... But still don't like the taste of food.

And read... And sleep!! I'm a disaster right now :/

Yes! Eating = very good! Oh man... for a few weeks all I could eat were Jamba Juice smoothies. My credit card statement from that month is like:

Jamba Juice

Jamba Juice

Worthless get your ex back e-book

Jamba Juice

Jamba Juice

Another worthless e-book about getting your ex back

Jamba Juice

e-book

Jamba Juice

e-book

Jamba Juice

Jamba Juice

Refund for ex-back book1

Refund for ex-back book2

Jamba Juice

Refund for ex-back book3

I honestly still have to resort to Jamba Juice sometimes. Especially since I'm working out every single weekday morning. My trainer hates that I don't always eat.

Mariana, maybe you could pick a night this week to cook a special meal for yourself? All the smells and textures of cooking could inspire an appetite, and the act of preparing a meal is great meditation in itself.

Edited by StarlaStardust
Pesky typos
Mariana345
Yes! Eating = very good! Oh man... for a few weeks all I could eat were Jamba Juice smoothies. My credit card statement from that month is like:

Jamba Juice

Jamba Juice

Worthless get your ex back e-book

Jamba Juice

Jamba Juice

Another worthless e-book about getting your ex back

Jamba Juice

e-book

Jamba Juice

e-book

Jamba Juice

Jamba Juice

Refund for ex-back book1

Refund for ex-back book2

Jamba Juice

Refund for ex-back book3

I honestly still have to resort to Jamba Juice sometimes. Especially since I'm working out every single weekday morning. My trainer hates that I don't always eat.

Mariana, maybe you could pick a night this week to cook a special meal for yourself? All the smells and textures of cooking could inspire and appetite, and the act of preparing a meal is great meditation in itself.

I know what you mean!!! For several days all I could swallow was juice!! Not even candy, just juice!! It was my only energy source :sick:

I love to cook, but this days I lost interested in all the things that I loved to do... And the smell of food, just make me ... eeeeewww!!!

I bought some books too: Men (sometimes, unfortunately) always come back; It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken: The Smart Girl's Breakup Buddy; Get you ex back, and lots more... I keep wondering what the hell I am suppose to do with all that information in my head... just wavering around :( (and all said the same thing... NC :/)

• Author
StarlaStardust

I bought some books too: Men (sometimes, unfortunately) always come back; It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken: The Smart Girl's Breakup Buddy; Get you ex back, and lots more... I keep wondering what the hell I am suppose to do with all that information in my head... just wavering around :( (and all said the same thing... NC :/)

Haha you sound like me! I hit information overload at one point and vividly recall breaking down in the bathroom at work because it was all too much to take in and follow. Then it occurred to me that I was largely incapable of /not very confident about thinking and acting for myself. And some single time is for the best for me, as heart broken as I am to lose someone so important from my life.

It WILL get easier, as long as you stick to NC. Even if you're using NC as a tool to get your ex back, you probably have a few months before you feel totally whole enough to successfully contact him. So it's best to look at NC as a self-healing tool, and put anxieties/hopes about getting back together out of your mind completely.

And if you've already heard and ingested this advice, please excuse me:)

Mariana345

Yeah!! I cried in the bathroom at work too... Because I didn't know what to do :/ I even lost all confidence in myself... I'm not doing anything without consulting my 3 best friends (they must be fed up with me)

It so hard!! Sometimes I even have the "he wants to get back conversation" in my mind, even though is not likely to happen!!! I want to forget everything that I had learned until now... I don't want to have this hope anymore :/

But yeah, all I need is time and no contact... and then I´ll see what happens :)

Edited by Mariana345
hinatticus

My son is asleep now and I just wrote in my journal about how it pains me that my ex doesn't respond to my texts right away. Also about how awful I was to her and how much I regret being that way. I wrote about how I want to feel sorry for myself but can't because I don't deserve that kind if self pity. I hurt her bad and I'm doing everything to fix myself. Counseling, books and even online self help. The site pathwaytohappiness is awesome. Made me realize a lot of things.

My ex just texted me hoping my Canada day was good, but honestly it's not the same without her.

I've been doing exactly what you guys have been doing, books, books and more books. It really is info overload. I've cried in the shower and in front of my friends, but then I realized I don't even deserve my tears.

This site has helped but again I feel like I don't belong here. I don't deserve to be feeling like you guys. Everyone here seems to have gotten hurt, yet my ex left me cuz I hurt her. I know it's a two way street, but my crimes are worse than hers.

How does a person like me even cope? All I've been doing to cope is finding ways to fix myself. Every chance I get with her I practice what I've learned so I guess that's my way of coping.

I wish I could do what you guys have been doing. Nc, buying smoothies, watching movies etc.

Anyway, hope you guys(girls I guess) feel better

esteem-jam
I keep meaning to watch called "Azumi," but it was so violent I couldn't finish it

I did not finish Azumi too, not because it was violent... but as far as I remember I didnt like the pretentious martial arts epicness (it wasnt epic), and I didnt like the picture quality- it seemed like it was filmed on a TV show camera.

You are into asian cinema? We might have something common ;p

• Author
StarlaStardust
I did not finish Azumi too, not because it was violent... but as far as I remember I didnt like the pretentious martial arts epicness (it wasnt epic), and I didnt like the picture quality- it seemed like it was filmed on a TV show camera.

You are into asian cinema? We might have something common ;p

Yes, and I am going to start taking Japanese classes next week, so I thought it would be a nice way to get jazzed for the class:). I took Chinese a few months ago, and I loved it!