how to be good friends again?

girlost

i miss him so much after the break up.its been 3 months. im beggining to realize that i really miss him. seeeing him online and not having a convo with him doesnt feeel normal. i wanna go back to just being really good friends where we used to just have those late night chats talking about life and getting to know more about each other. ive always regretted breaking up with him . the only reason i chose to break up with up was because he was busy and he never really had time to talk to me. he hasnt spoken to me for a weeek when we were together. i tried contacting him back then even through facebook but he said he was busy. im guessing he really was. i guess i was just heartbroken that he couldnt make any time for me. but right know he's moved to another state for a year or so to further his studies and im afraid we may not be friends anymore due to lack of communication. i know im supposed to give him some space but im just afraid i may lose him even as a friend. there is nothing much to say everytime. ive so many things to tell him but maybe its too awkward.how do i cope not being friends with him ? when all i am just dieing at the other end wanting to know how he is doing. how do i remain good friends with him like we were before? :(

Fmrbrknhrt22

I was like you and kept thinking why I couldn't just be friends with my ex because we were best friends for a while before we dated. The fact is though I've been broken up a little longer with my gf(4 months) than you have been with your bf and I realize that right now for me it's just not possible. I am starting to slowly accept that it was not meant to be, but I still have feelings for her and that it would make me feel awful if we continued to have contact at this stage and I had a magnifying glass into her life.

I know that another guy is now at the center of her life and while it's painful for me to think about at times, it's confirmation I have no choice but to move on. Maybe one day, we can be friends again. I still miss her in a lot of ways, but I know that it would be a huge mistake to reach out at this point considering all I would get in return are breadcrumbs. If you guys were meant to be as friends, then it will happen, but only when both of you are ready and when sufficient time has past.