Shock

I have been in an on/off abusive relationship

For nearly 6 years...

Today after a phone call of horrable abusive language, and threats , I told him no more... He text me saying he will never call me again...

I know that would be for the best, but this has happened in the past and I always let him back....

Today I went into "shock".. Made my way home and have cried off on

All afternoon/night... I pray I can ignore any more future contact by him. As I know tomorrow he will txt me like nothing ever happened.

Does anyone have any hints on not contacting him? Stupid question but it's so hard if you love someone.. I need this nightmare to end... Thanks for listening

Philosoraptor

Find a way to remove all forms of contact. Change your number and email addresses, delete facebook, etc.

Remind yourself that you deserve a lot more than the abuse he was handing your way. Treat yourself well right now.

• Like 1

I always tell people when its serious issues in here, like dealing with an alcoholic, to go to the proper place for help, not a dating site. The way you describe this, I think you really need to search a local community - group - shelter even where you can find people experienced in dealing with this and/or survivors who have got out of situations like yours. I'm pretty sure every town has things along those lines. Do hesitate, don't be embarrased, don't be scared, just do it.

• Like 2
  • Author

Thank you both so much for your posts, it does help, I will change numbers etc, and also seek help I have put it off as I feel no one can helpMe with this horrable pain I feel, will go to doctor to get referred to a councillor .. Thanks again :)

Look for group meetings, they can really help you. I've dealt with having an alcoholic in my life, and NOBODY was able to help me more then those I met at Al-Anon meetings. They know what I was going thru, they went thru it themselves, they made it thru to something better. Counselors can help, but not as much as people who have lived your life and can empathize.

My point being, when I was dealing with an alcoholic, those that had lived thru what I lived thru at my Al-Anon meetings were able to help me immensley. If you are dealing with abuse, search out groups of peolple who have went thru abuse as well. That is where you will find your most help.

I don't know what groups therw are for abuse, or if there is anything like an AlAnon group for abuse victims, I use the example of alcohol only because that is what I dealt with and names and groups I know. I was sharing to look for things that I found that made a huge difference in my life, however applied to your situation.

I apologize for lack of clarity on my part.

Edited by fucpcg

Now is the time to take control after 6 years and be strong! You can do it, it sounds like you are never going to happy with him and you do deserve more! stop all nc from now! do as the others say, delete FB, change your number, these were the first things I did to help myslef, it's tough to start with but you will get through it! Im 2 months in after a very rough ride, I have found cutting myself off completely is the only way! Come on, you can do it!