Miss pre social media/ mobile phone times

Sugarkane

On the comedy gala festival Tom Green did thus hilarious joke about FB and cheating. That before Internet you didn't have exes coming out if the woodwork years later. In the old days the ex would phone The landline and you could tell the husbands/ SO's ex where they could stick it. Now it is too easy to be cheated on. Sigh

Philosoraptor

If the intent is there the cheating will still happen. It doesn't matter if they need to use a telegraph to set something up... they will find a way. Someone who does not want to cheat will not even be tempted by people throwing their naked bodies all over them.

• Like 1

It's easy to recapture the old days. Turn off the mobile phone, power down the computer and disconnect the answering machine. I do this on 'reading days', where authentic books are opened and read. Very peaceful.

• Like 1

Cheating is cheating. Philosoraptor is right, if someone wants to cheat, they will no matter how hard it is to do.

This modern era where you have facebook, emails or whatever, it's so much harder to move on.

The amount of times, I come across old saved photos on my PC, or my ex's name pops up on FB, old emails from her or whatever. All of those cause pain when you see them and sometimes you can't help but see them.

Cheating is cheating. Philosoraptor is right, if someone wants to cheat, they will no matter how hard it is to do.

This modern era where you have facebook, emails or whatever, it's so much harder to move on.

The amount of times, I come across old saved photos on my PC, or my ex's name pops up on FB, old emails from her or whatever. All of those cause pain when you see them and sometimes you can't help but see them.

I struggle with this as well. I'm only a few months out of the breakup and unfortunately for me, we've had talks, and conversations, and haven't been NC very long despite our original breakup in November, and a failed reconilation in March.

That being said, it's tough to get rid of all the reminders. When someone becomes so ingrained in your life for years (5 in my instance) there are reminders of them everywhere. Mutual friends on FB, about a 1000 emails in my work inbox, a receipt I'll stumble across from a nice restaurant or activity that I wanted to keep for a card or to scrap book later. I'm not sure what you do with everything, I suppose I could just move all of her emails into a folder. On one hand you know you need to get rid of things, but on the other, it is nice to have some momento's or emails from when things were good. I'm nostalgic by nature, so I have a tough time deleting things or getting rid of things we shared together. Piece by piece I'm getting there, it just takes time and yes in this day and age there are reminders everywhere. You've just got to make sure you contain them, and eventually when you're ready to re-release them or get rid of them, they will no longer hurt you.

Feelin Frisky

I'm OK with most everything except FaceBook. It's a crappy idea by a talentless, visionless opportunist. Kinda sounds just like Bill Gates actually. The computer and Inter-networking if under the design of a real visionary (with a heart of gold of course) would have the Information Technology Revolution radically reforming every system there is for the far better. Instead we have Gates automating away office work with nary a word of cultural or political advancement (he thought the job was actually finished with a C:\ prompt). Then 30 years goes by and Zuckerberg cobbles together whatever the hell works the cheapest and makes the most ad money that allows anyone and their half-witted evil twin to remain just as socially illerate as they've ever been and post evidence of their unremarkable existence and call it "social media". Where's the revolution in the digital revolution for crying out loud? Pictures on your phone? Whoopy. There is so much power we have that we do not need permission to exercise--the only thing in short supply is idealism. Not in my house.

• Like 1

I agree... you cannot build walls high enough to prevent someone from cheating.

However, I will tell you most of my friends who are in relationships or married have opened themselves and had to deal with temptations because of FB.

Edited by gibson
  • Like 1