"The Game" is the best way for a man to cope

silicis n volvo

silicis n volvo

This is really for the men here struggling to cope with a break up.

I really strongly recommend reading the book "The Game" by Neil Strauss.

I havnt read a book since my GCSEs at school. I once read about 1/3 of Steven Hawking's "Brief History of Time" but other commitments left it lying under my bed ever since.

But since me and my ex split up...ive spent a lot of time doing nothing and feeling sorry for myself so i decided to read The Game.

Im hooked on it now and its one of the funniest things ive read...but its not its humor that grips you...its the way in which you (a man) can relate to it SOOOOO MUCH!! in many many ways. It will surprise you how the characters in this book do, say and think like you do about women.

it completely takes my mind off my ex while reading it..and it makes me feel much better afterwards even when i think about her.

all ill say about it is its about men who are terrible with women...and men who are incredible with women...but wont spoil it and give anything else away just read it :)

I dont know how much the paperback or hardback copies are in stores but you can get it online from Google Market (Google Play) for £3.99

Read it on your PC or on your android phone (i use phone)

just thought id tell you maybe it can help some of you.

edited to include the link to it on google play... https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Neil_Strauss_The_Game?id=AzHb1xIyAWQC&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImJvb2stQXpIYjF4SXlBV1FDIl0.

Edited by silicis n volvo
  • Like 1

I read this too, and I'm female. I took it with a grain of salt, but some of the participants seemed to have a conscience and some treated it like a business and others... well, it was just an interesting read.

The Game......

Well it's a fun read about the life of pick up artists, or "PUA", who were AFC'S thats (Average Frustrated Chumps) and now are players.

It's nothing new. Style and Mystery taking on the world. I will say that if your goal is to be PUA, and be with as many women as possible, then go right ahead. I think it's good for guys who have low confidence in speaking to women, or find it hard to approach. It has some good fun techniques, but they are all old now, as in women have heard them before. If you get too far into it, like the real life characters in this book, it can be dangerous. You will begin to see women as a piece of meat.

If it's to meet the girl of your dreams, then it's ok.

I would recommend books about how to sustain a relationship, and be a strong man though. If your interested i can recommend a few.

What's with the irrelevant "Brief History of Time" reference? Is pointless name dropping one of the things they teach you in "The Game"? ;)

I think there was a reality show a few years back with this guy Mystery who was teaching a group of "socially awkward" guys how to make women attracted to them. I wonder if this is the same guy. A lot of his techniques were this type of go-up-to-her-and-insult-her-so's-to-intrigue-her stuff. I don't remember what the show was called though.

The first thing I did was to pick up "The Game" as well! Awesome book and certainly very interesting to read when you're heart broken!