Ex owes me money but i dont want to break contact!!!

shamone222

Hi all,

Im 1 week into NC (broke up 2 weeks ago becuase its not working out for her, together 8 months) and whats eating me up inside is knowing i might have to break it at some point soon, because she owes me a large amount of money. its making it alot more difficult to move on. i know from experience when you do break no contact, you expect alot but you end up hurt again and end right back at square 1, it happened many times at he end of one of my relationships but i learned from it whch is why i dont want to contact her.

anyway last week when i decided to go NC she suggested she meets me somewhere to give me it, i told her its a bad idea to be meeting up (because she made her mind up) and to transfer the cash to my account. well she didnt respond. now its been a week. but i do need it and im afraid im going to have to break NC but i really dont want to. im waiting until she contacts me to say to me she will transfer it but something tells me it wont be anytime soon. what do i do and what is the best way to put it?? i do love her and i would take her back if things can be worked out, but i feel a bit stupid breaking contact to ask for money :(

Send her an impersonal, certified letter requesting the money with a deadline for repayment - it must be sent with the proviso that if the money is not repaid, you will take her to small claims court.

If she does not pay the funds back after the formal, written demand, then follow through with small claims.

Keep it business-like, professional, and impersonal.