trying to understand this girl

I broke up a long distance relationship a couple of weeks ago after becoming interested in another girl.

We got pretty close and ended up having sex last Saturday. That night we went out clubbing she seemed very happy we were kissing etc. What's got me confused is when we got home that night she just dissapeared on me, not even a goodnight.

I texted her asking where she went and all I got was cold one word next messages that she was drinking elsewhere.

The next day was the same, went to the pool with her and some mates. She seemed cold and grumpy. I left and she ended up chatting to one of my mates and said she ended up sleeping in another guys bed (which i didnt know)and that I seemed jealous that night.

After my mate told me I straight up asked her what was with the coldness and she said she was still interested but didn't want to be a rebound girl. I told her she wasn't and blah blah blah.

I left her alone all last week kinda avoided her. I think she was hanging with that other dude all week but didn't want to tell me.

Anyways everyone ended up going out the other night. I told myself I would stay away from her however she started to kinda stuck close to me all night. We ended up alone together at one point and she told me out of nowhere that she overheard me talking about her sleeping with another guy, which I thought was weird cos I know I didn't.

Me being stupid I took the bait again started showing interest. Danced with her for a bit along with other girls and I have a feeling she might have been a little bit jealous.

I ended up taking her home in a cab but she was once again cold and silent. I went to bed and ended up texting her, asking if I was wasting my time chasing her and if she wanted to leave me alone considering she lost interest.

She said she wanted to be just friends.

I don't even know how I ended up writing this much but I really don't understand this girl

I am just trying to figure out what I did wrong so I don't make the same mistake next time.

Maybe I was to emotional or jealous(apparently) and she lost interest after she figured she had me.

I don't know how she can possibly go from being that interested in me that night to some other random guy.