Check. Check. Check. Meh!

TaintedHeart

How long does it take for you to stop checking your phone/emails? I don't want to talk to my ex but I'm still checking to see if he has sent me a message every hour like a mad woman! Maybe it's out of habbit, I'm not sure but I want to stop it!

Haha, I'm in the same boat.

It just takes a lot of time. My ex and I broke up about 6 weeks and I keep checking Facebook, Skype and texts. I found it best to turn off all forms of communication if possible. I had a friend change my Skype password and deactivate my Facebook. I'll be back once March starts, but it gives you good reason to forget and stop waiting. If they want to talk they will talk.

I look at it this way, if you're waiting for them, then you appear needy to yourself. Once you realize that you yourself are needy then you can realize you just need to get on with life otherwise you'll be left behind. Don't wait up for them because they probably aren't waiting up for you as harsh at that may sound.

Edited by who_knew
Philosoraptor

You can stop the checking whenever you want to stop doing so. I changed emails which cut the email traffic and I stopped responding to texts. I've not facebook stalked nor had any real care to know what is going on in her life, though I hope she is finding her peace and happiness in this world.

You have control so take it.

When you grow tired of the disappointing feeling that comes with not finding a text, a voice-mail, or a missed call.

• Like 1

After I broke up with my ex, I got rid of the email addresses he used to contact me. It does help a great deal. I got off of facebook too. I was off for a long time. My roommate told me I would no longer have to deal with him and that he would intercept any phone call, letter, and text message from my ex, because my ex is a bombaclot.