Still in shock

Cora

Yesterday, Valentines Day of all days....my manager who we very rarely see, drove down to our office in a rush...mere minutes before it was time for us to get off work to tell four of us, including me, we were being laid off.

She said there was just not enough work coming in and the company could not afford to keep us on. Just last year we were struggling to keep up with an overwhelming work load. We worked incredibly hard to get the work done and to get the company caught up, struggled through three changes of management and even ran the place by ourselves at one point trying our hardest just to keep the company afloat. Now all of a sudden there is not enough work to be distributed and they have to let us go? We were constantly told we did not have to worry about any lay-offs as the company was doing well and they were very pleased with the group of employees they had....extremely proud of us they would always say. I felt as though I was lied to the entire time. I never fully believed them of course, but I never really saw this coming.

It's like deja vu all over again. Been laid off twice before and the first time it took me almost two years to find work again...the second time was right before Christmas. It does not get any easier.

I know many many people get laid off everyday and I'm by no means saying my situation is any different. I just can't seem to wrap my head around it. I feel so numb I can't even cry. I filed for unenployment today and it didn't even feel real. I stayed up until 2 in the morning searching for jobs and it does not feel like enough. I don't know how to cope with this and I'm so angry, depressed, shocked and oh so worried.

I don't know what to do now. I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to find anything. I've been applying for other jobs for the past two years while I still had a job with no luck.

I think what hurt me the most was the lack of empathy my manager showed as she gave us the news. But I get it...it's all about the money. It's just the way things work. :(

Sorry to hear that, that is terrible and I feel for you. Wish you the best finding a new job hopefully it will pay better than your last.

I'm sorry :( last year i lost my job too and was devasted . Took me months to find a job and if I didn't lose my job I wouldn't have found my dream career . If you could work in any field , what would it be ?

One door closes, another door opens.

I know it's not going to help get the bills paid in the short term, but I sincerely believe life is pushing you into a better direction.

Best wishes,

Rich